What should I add to my treatment?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am new to this website. Was diagnosed with bleph 3 months ago.

Mine is probably not too offensive, No crusting or flaking but eyes are very sore and the eyelids  painful. I clean eyes with baby shampoo. After washing my face I wipe it with paper towels to void reinfection. I take Omega3 2000mg plus evening primrose and multivitamins.

I've been always appearance oriented. So not wearing eye make up is upsetting. My eye doctor who is also an eye surgeon stated that bleph

is not CURABLE but could be controled. Forgot to say I am also using erythromicin ointment. 

The only relief I get is from very warm compresses. I warm up a small bag with flaxseed in a microwave for 1 min. then I put it on the plastic bag that cover compress. It gives me entire 15 min. of a very warm compress.

When I miss a day of compress I am miserable. 

What  am I doing wrong or what should be added ?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do my heated eye bag treatment twice a day after washing with baby shampoo. After the heat treatment I wipe each eye separately with tea tree oil facial wipes. My bleph is completely under control now and this is my maintenance regime. I also use eye drops for dry eyes. Some people use wet ones wipes torn into narrow strips ... I used to use these when my bleph was active.

i take a strong antihistamine tab per day, 6000 msg of omega3 capsules per day and both of these meds help enormously with inflammation, itching and eyelid twitching. Check out clinical trial on omega3 and bleph on line.

as I also have photosensitive eyes caused by  bleph (worse cos I have blue eyes) I wear specs with drive safe antiglare coating and they also react to sunlight. These glasses have meant that I am much more comfortable in artificial light I.e., shops, computers, concerts, theatre etc. For some situations I use Polaroid sun glasses.

good luck and Happy New Year.

all the best Pamela

• Posted

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for the response. I will certainly use your advice. 

Tea tree wipes. Are they sold or you create them yourself?

If they are solld OTC what's their brand name?

Thank you.

• Posted

looks as though my previous reply has been blocked as I included a link.

i get the tea tree wipes from Sainsbury's. They are their own brand. You can check their uk company web site on line.

Bleph isn't ever cured but in time you can minimise your symptoms by being aware of what aggravates them, whether it is a product, an allergic reaction to pollen, spoors  in the air from trees or fungi or light. Always be gentle with the tissue round your eye and read as much as you can on line about variants of the condition to eliminate what doesn't apply to you. Everyone is different and it's important to remain self focused and use treatments which may help whatever you are experiencing at any given time. Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you VERY MUCH.

I don't know how many ladys would be interested in the following info. I've just discovered that the only eye makeup I can tolerate with my bleph is:

ULTIMATE ALL-IN-ONE  mascara by Revlon. No problem with it. But of course remove it ASAP when you are back home.

• Posted

Hi Rita

as I get greasy eyelids due to bleph I use No.7 Stay Perfect cream eyeshadow as it stays in place and there is no risk of powder getting into my eyes. No.7 mascara works for me too. My bleph kicked off after a makeover with Clinique so I'm sticking to No.7

• Posted

Thank you Pamela,

I will try cream eyeshadow No.7 Every bit is helpful.

• Posted

I'm just so hopeful knowing that u can wear make up!! I never considered myself vain however I've always had very dark terrible bags under my eyes ! Coupled with the blepharitis I look so sickly that I really don't leave the house I've gone from being very social to a complete homebody just the thought of wearing make up makes me feel hopeful !! 😎

• Posted

I get great relief from Azasite drops.  They are prescription only and are expensive but worth every cent to me.  Refresh Liguigel eye drops also help.  Get the kind that have no preservatives in them. Use only for one day, then toss if there is any left.  Good luck.
  • Posted

Happy New Year to all of you.

May we all have a year free  of blepharitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.