what should I do??

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello there,

I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, before this I had been suffering for around a year with chronic pain in my ankles, after being turned away from the doctors and hospitals telling me that I had a sprain or ligament stress over 8 times I finally broke down screaming for help, thats when I was reffered to rheumatology. after finally being diagnosed with the disease I was started on methatrexate straight away. its has been about 10 weeks of being on methatrexate and my condition is detereating fast!!! I am unable to walk unaided, up and down stairs or standing in one spot, actually just standing at all is very painful. I dont know what to do any more and feel depressed and like I can go on like this!!! does anyone have any advise????

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Push to have regular access to a rheumatology nurse either in person or by phone. They can be extremely supportive during this time
  • Posted

Oh that brings back such bad memories. I hope you have now got some more help from your Rheumy? Maybe a steroid injection to try and dampen things down? A course of Pred and some anti-inflammatory? all these things were given to me in the first few weeks as well as methotrexate. Looking back I was in a terrible state. One thing I will say is THINGS DO GET BETTER! not back to normal, but better.

I'm still now on all the above...PLUS I have monthly infusions of Abatacept. Nothing else worked alone, so it will be trying to find your own cocktail of drugs that work for you and learning what you can do, not what you cant!

Good luck and I wish you a less painful future x

• Posted

I have family in Poland, because I know the Polish side of the ponds, where the disease is treated with medication Hyalutidin HC Aktiv

http://www.zapaleniestawow.eu/reumatoidalne-zapalenie-stawow.html

It se translate this site into English

• Posted

Hi danikelly

I would recommend you to try Serrapeptase enzyme, which is miraculous for all sort of inflammations in the body and there arent any contraindications.

I hope that helps

Good luck

• Posted

Have a look at the Margaret Hills Clinic online, it's based in the UK but her treatment, they ship all over the world

Sounds like you need to read her book for inspiration and guidence!

Have hope!! I hope that helps! And if Methatrexate hasn't worked by now there are quite a few others to try!! So maybe push them (rheumatology nurse)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.