WHAT SHOULD I DO?! :'(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last week i found out my boyfriend (or shall i say ex) had been cheating on me. Since then i have been at an all new low. I never thought i'd be able to overdose or cut myself because i never had the guts. If it wasnt for my mum coming home i probably would of ended up in hospital because I tried overdosing. I've been cutting my wrist for the past week and no matter what i think about to stop myself i cant. I have no motivation to stop. I need help but im too scared to tell anyone because they will just send me back to talking therapy and it doesnt help. What should i do? :'(

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina. I'm so sorry to hear your troubles. 1 thing to remember and always remember is that there is something wrong with him!! Not you!!! Normal People don't go around wrecking someone's life. It's ine thing owning up to your mistakes and trying to make a Mend but blatantly hurting someone and showing no remorse is pathetic. I really wish I could help you in any way at all. Please don't think I'm being ignorant in asking this but how is hurting yourself helping?? Hasn't your ex hurt you enough?????
    • Posted

I understand why she's cutting. Physical pain is ALOT easier to deal with than emotional pain. I was cutting for close to 6 years and no one knew. It's all about the mentality and if you have physical pain to focus on then you are not focusing on the mental..
    • Posted

Thank you, but if there wasnt anything wrong with me then why would he do it?

Ofcourse i dont think your being ignorant. Like Staci said, Physical pain helps me forget about the emotional pain.I know its not the best way to deal with things but i dont know any other way. Im not much of a talker, deffiently not to people i know. I dont want them to know how messed up i really am. Its easier to just hurt myself or talk to complete strangers. 

• Posted

Hi tina, kieran (?) Is right. The main thing you need to focus on is that there is something wrong with him not you. I get the cutting and trying to overdose. I was actually in the same position with my ex... except I let him do it to me over and over again, and that destroyed me mentally. I still have issues with that. But you NEED to understand and accept that there is nothing wrong with you. He is a little screwed up in the head and you are perfect just the way you are. Keep your head up, one day someone will come along and show you just how perfect you are. Don't let him get to you.
    • Posted

Oh, and best advice I can give is to pick your head up, and walk away. Do not talk to him or tell him of anything you are doing. He may try and use that against you. Every girl is a princess until she finds her true prince so keep your head up, you don't want your tiara falling off. 👑👑
    • Posted

Thank you, sometimes i wonder will i ever be good enough for anyone? He isnt the first person to do it to me. Which is why i have taken this one so badly. I wanted to kill myself which is why i started to overdose, but i know that isnt guna make things better, because i will just cause my family pain.. Although sometimes i feel they wouldnt care anyway.. Im not sure if thats just because how low im feeling im thinking that or not. 

Also i have no choice but to walk away. He has blocked me on everything, without even a reason. He hasnt even told me its over. I didnt think anyone could be so harsh but i guess they canrolleyes 

• Posted

Tell them you need help and tell them talk therapy wont work, state the dates you had it nd how  and what it made you feel. If the health professional dont listen then go back to your GP and mention this. The whole idea of the Mental Health service is  they should be listening to you. Espcially as you know how things effect your body better than everyone.

Nobody as a rule should tell you what to do unless in the rare case you arent capable of make a decision. When I am t my worsed I now i have to see my GP, and she lsisten to me cuase she knows I dont mess around when it come to the feelings with depression.

As for your boyfriend well if he knew you were struggling then your better off without him. I know how much it must hurt, as I Have been divorced for a while now and it does make you delicate for a while. But I have met a wonder young lady from down south and as long as the chemistry and understand is right its back to sharing my life. If it doesnt pursue that far, then I have made a great friend.

You just stop and think how happy you could be again, and then take your time to see what comes up. I was lucky that to have built up a friendship and its friendship where you know and have trusted the person for a while that turn into the best relationships.

On a day where you not feeling as bad take pen and paper and write down goals you want to acheieve, if you have time also right the path you need to take too or wait another day to allow yourself time to think. This document can evolve and you can chnage it and add and remove steps as you see fit. as you feel you achieve a step note it, but do make the steps realistic. dont go from 0-200mph in 1 step, cause if you have to hit the breaks and start again and add more steps its hard to see any achievement., if you can see it perhaps going up ladders treat it like that.

Like everyone says dont take it out on yourself, everyone is beatiful in there own right. And its whats inside that counts more than anythings else. Not everyone has a warmth to them, if they are to focus on their own plans. Treat yourself the way you treat others and how you expect to be treated. we all have tolerancy to different levels it diesnt make you any weaker or stronger to say just want to be held to wanting to be out dancing every night. we are all different

When you know yourself, and your tolerency you can then let people in and see if your a match. To many people go on looks and forget just how they want to be made to feel. I wish you the best of luck and you keep review what people are telling you. Maybe something that Keiran1252 or Staci1292 has written might just click for you. There is no right or wrong answer only you know what you want, but just some time you need some prompts from other to make you think or to trigger something off.

• Posted

Hello Tina,

I don't really have any answers for you, and I know it's easy for me to say that if he cheated on you then he really isn't worth it.  He has caused you enough pain already so why let him keep hurting you this way?  

You will meet someone else more worthy of you, you won't see that now, I know, and yes, life is cruel sometimes but I hope you find the strength within you to get through this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.