What should i do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i've been in a pretty deep slump lately and today is my first day off work. I wanted to go and see my friend today, but i'm nervous because the last time we talked i opened up about my depression and haven't really spoken to him since (Almost a month) and i don't want to it to seem like i want him to throw a pity party for me when i can't even stay in touch. The thing is, i want to get out of the house because i know laying in bed won't do me any good. So should i go and meetup with him? If not what's something i can do to keep me busy?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You should go. Even if it's uncomfortable it's important to stay in touch with friends. It's possible he wants to be supportive but doesn't know how? I say give him a chance.

Also, hang in there. Sometimes laying in bed even sounds like a challenge.

• Posted

So, how should i approach, approaching him? I'm really scared that it's going to feel awkward and off. I know that he wants to be supportive but, it's just i've never been that open with anybody and my natural instinct is to back off. I miss being around friends and people but i don't know if i should force myself to hang around people when i know i'm not totally "there."
  • Posted

Yes call him up grab some lunch. Also you can take a walk in the park or at the mall. Also go to a movie. Make a list of errands you need to knock out as you complete them it gives such a since of accomplishment! Take a book with you to the park eat and read the book. Look for local groups that can be a support to you. If your concerned about your friends feelings be honest with him and upfront. Then no misunderstandings from the get go. Best wishes.
    • Posted

So, how should i approach, approaching him? I'm really scared that it's going to feel awkward and off. I know that he wants to be supportive but, it's just i've never been that open with anybody and my natural instinct is to back off. I miss being around friends and people but i don't know if i should force myself to hang around people when i know i'm not totally "there."
    • Posted

Just send him a message or give him a call. Something like... hey its me Jared I'm off today and was wondering if we could grab a bite to eat. Things have been so hetic I've not had time to get back with you from our last visit. Thanks for that by the way, just let me know if you'd like to grab a bite. Or something along those lines. If you feel he is a good person to listen you could say I have the day off and I could really use a friend to talk to. Can I buy us a bite to eat? If you don't think you wanna bring up your past or the depression issue then say I just wanted to thank you for helping me out before. I'm off today and it would be grate if we could grab a bite to eat. Hope that helps
  • Posted

Best thing you can do is,go out,move around at place u never visited..give youself time dear.Once, you'll finish this mind set of yours,you'll be more able and polished person.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.