What should I do ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently have been diagnosed with herpes 1&2. I have been struggling with excepting this. I’m just don’t understand I haven’t had any symptoms until I started talking to my current partner . We started having sex in Jan 2017 . In March I had a lil cut in my Libia went to the hospital , they gave me a herpes 1&2 test . It can back negative . So this sept I notice two open sores on my libia minora . I went to a local doctors office . The doctors swear it doesn’t look like herpes . I still wanted blood drown. Got my test result and I was positive for both . I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT . I have had cold sores when I was younger so I expect to come back positive for 1 but not both ! I have told my partner , I’m so scared and I don’t know what to do at this point . I break down every minute I get ! I can’t take this . I’m still experiencing a outbreak . It hasn’t been as people up here was saying it’s all over there vagina and anus ! I’m really freaked out ! I can’t tell anyone about this ! I feel like I’m the only person that has this disgusting disease . I need serious help . Should I take Valtrex ? My outbreaks a barely mild . I tried drinking apple cider vinegar and putting it all over my vagina . I don’t know what to do about this ! Please help , I no one to turn to 😢😢😢

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I’m sorry , I have not told my partner . He hasn’t shown any symptoms. I don’t want to put myself out there . I probably gave it to him or he gave it to me ! Who knows ???? I need advice 
    • Posted

The guy I was seeing gave it to me he know he had it and didn't tell me or anything. ..... I found out that if you get flushable wipes and use them it helped.I also used camphor- physique gel cold sore treatment takes away itching burns at first but helps heal the sores

• Posted

You are not alone .... Yes take valtrex ....I take mine every day I found out in July and I didn't have outbreak like others on here have. I had my first experience just this week of going to bathroom and when urine hit the sore I almost passed out. It got better but now I an having awful lower back pain. I am taking it one day at a time. I am still learning all I can and a lot has been from this site. You have all on this site to support you. You really need someone besides this to talk to I will be on here so you have me to talk to I am old enough to be your Grandmother yep Grannys got it too .

• Posted

My doctor prescribes me famciclovir 250mg . I have been taking it since yesterday . I don’t have any side effects as of yet . 
  • Posted

JJ 55 is right. We are almost always here, I always look at my thread at least 3 times an hour on my days off and I am on here more when I am at work. It's ok to be scared. I still cry about it. I am on antibiotics right now, I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for more humiliating actions. (Pap smear) I will find out about daily medications then. Oh crap sorry I tend to babble. We are here for you, but you will also need to read everything you can get your hands on. I just met JJ55 last night and it seems that we tend to do the same threads together. I am here for you as well. Soon we will have our own little group...

• Posted

I am on valacyclovir and metronidazole. I was told by my Dr that they are antibiotics. I know better now.
    • Posted

Oh okay . I’m on famciclovir . I was diagnosed this past Tuesday and I’m just taking the 250mg on yesterday . Wish me luck that every thing works out for me ! WE GOT THIS !! 
  • Posted

Have you ever had one of your suspected outbreaks swab tested for herpes to confirm the blood test results and see which type you have?
    • Posted

No I didn’t . My blood test for herpes 2 results were low . It was a 2.23 
    • Posted

How would you describe your outbreaks? I would get one swabbed the next time in order to confirm that it is indeed herpes, and if so, which type. People with HSV1 can sometimes falsely test low positive for HSV2, hence my suggestion.
    • Posted

My outbreaks are very mild . I had two open sores on my libia , very small . I never had blisters all over my vagina or nothing like that ! It’s not painful at all . Just tingling and Lil itching . It’s barely and I pray that It doesn’t get worse ! I think it caused from the herpes 1 . I’m trying very hard to cope with this diagnose 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.