What should I do?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My sexual partner and I did doggy style was penis was constantly rubbing against the area between my vagina open and my butt hole. It rubbed the area raw and now  it burns to touch and on top of that my scratching made it worse.  What is going on  and does anyone know how to make the dryness go away? It’s been a month.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would have it checked by a doctor to make certain you don’t have an infection.  
  • Posted

this is actually it

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

• Posted

HI Emily - so sorry. Glad you found us though. That area you are mentioning is call called the perineum, and it is definitely one of LS's favorite spots.   

I have found most relief in that area using A+D zinc ointment meant for diaper rash. also castor oil.... AND taking vitamin D3 with K2 and others.  

You don't tell us if you know if you actually have Lichen sclerosus, but in any case several different ointments help with the pain. You'll want to look up nutritional deficiencies for that  dryness ( where exactly?).   Anyway, if you have other symptoms that made you assume LS let's go with that. By all means look up on here about vitamin D, magnesium, omega 3's;  autoimmunity and eat an anti-inflammatory diet; you can find lists on the web.

• Posted

Hi Emily, first of all, well done for having the courage to ask about this, but do go to your doctor if at all possible - a doctor can prescribe creams to help and also check that there's not something more serious than LS going on. (I'm not negating the life changing and serious nature of LS - I put off going to my doctor due to embarrassment and as a result things got worse and needed more invasive treatment than would otherwise have been needed.)

In addition to the advice already given, Using a barrier cream to protect the area from urine may help, also keep soap away from the area - when bathing there just use warm water and dab the area, don't rub.  If you are still having sex, then make sure you use plenty of neutral lubricant.  

Wishing you all the very best of luck xx

• Posted

I completely understand this because my husband wants to use that position sometimes and to me its much worse for discomfort. I use lots of oils and vaseline. Ive tried everything. No matter what I do sex is uncomfortable and always makes me sore for a few days. I mean doing all that these women say helps but for me there is no miracle. I guess I just have to live with what Ive got. Ive done Mona Lisa treatments. Just saw ny Dr last week and it was back to getting red again so we are going to do another Mona Lisa. It works but you have to stay on it and keep up maintenance treatments. I complained about the painful sex even though it was looking so good and she said alternate with Clob and use estrogen cream and rub it all around and may help dryness. That would be if you are post menopausal or like me have had a total hysterectomy and no longer taking hormones.
    • Posted

Have you tried Aquaphor?

CLOBETASOL thins your skin, and by manufacturers protocol is for short term use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.