What should I do about my cervicitis ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from cervicitis for three months now , I been going to constant appointments with gynecologist and I've gotten tested for chlamydia, gonnorhea even trich and all have been negative. My question is is I have acute cervicitis , what could have caused it since I have neither of these things. I also have bv I been taking metronidazole for it and it hasn't cured at all also I took doxycycline for the cervicitis and it hasn't left ? I'm not sure why it's taking so long to cure.. not sure what to do at this point. I also got a Pap smear done and it came back normal. I wanted to get the actual job test but I was told once I'm 30 I can do so for now I'm stressed out trying to cure this. I been having abdominal pain and a lot discharge do two both infections. What should I do? Or take to cure this 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Cervicitis, whatever the cause tends to take a while. I am only judging based on some of my friends' experiences. They tried all sorts of antibiotics and corticosteroids suggested by doctors but eventually it just appears to run its course and disappear. Check if it may be that you are unknowingly agitating your mucous membranes. Allergy to latex or creams may cause persistent inflammation that can be a sneaky cause of cervicitis...Harsh soaps or hot tubs may be constantly re-infecting you with some pathogens off other parts of your body or even the environment. Once it is inflamed it is vulnerable. Just re-evaluate your daily habits and see if anything could be to blame. Have you been tested for HPV?

• Posted

I have eczema I'm extremely allergic to any lil thing . I got a plantar wart years ago when I was like 19 and it spread to my lower thigh close to my knee I had a small lil wart. So I immediately went to get a Pap smear and it came back normal they told me once I'm 30 I can actually test for hpv because something about I'm 24 and I can't get tested right now due to my age. I'm not sure what caused my cervicitis which worries me . I did get all three hpv vaccines also

• Posted

How was your cerviticitis diagnosed? Are you bleeding abnormally? How old are you? Im sorry for a lot of questions i too. Had a normal pap but it seems weird how much im bleeding. They say its my bc and i got the depo shot it calmed my bleeding like it stopped but idk for how lomg and i have been anxious that i might have cervical cancer im 20 sad
    • Posted

I'm 24 I also had the depo shot done once and let me tell you it's non stop bleeding everyday I feel you I thought something was wrong with me as well but no it's just part of the shot if your Pap smear was normal you should be fine . 

• Posted

I actually was on nexplanon. I didnt have a period for a year and a half and when i did get my period it was 4 days of light bleeding it was a dream!. But then on August i bled for almost a month. I was concerned i havent had a bad period since i was 12. So i told my dr she recommended a pap but i was 20 so it was denied. So sept it was late but then came went away and came back 5 days after at this point i was scared. On oct. I went to do a private smear. I didnt bleed duing the process but bled the day after that then had another bleeding period on the 12th at this point i was scared but i tried to remain calm. I made an appt to remove my nexplanon and got it removed. I was then put on bc pills but didnt take them the same hr i would forget and take it an hour later. Then i startex havjng weird brown discharge and i was afraid so i go to the dr and he does take a look at my cervix and he was like oh it looks like a period. I just had a period on the 28th how was this possible. At this point i started bleeding more extremely red blood which i havent bled red blood in a while i was so afraid i go to my obgyn she takes a look says the same i think i bled a lot from the first dr cuz je pulled on my cervix really hard it hurt when he took out the plastic thing they use to look in there my obgyn it didnt hurt. She gave me the depo shot to stop the bleeding so far its worked but its almost the 12 th and im scared ill be bleeding because thats my usual period date. Im so upset. I do think its cancer and they missed it though she reassures me its not im just so afraid..:'(

• Posted

You should be fine nexplanon causes menstrual changes which causes all those weird irregular period changes that your experiencing. Cervical cancer is almost always the cause of hpv which you can only get a Pap for now because your 20 once your 30 you can get the actual test. My advice for you would be once your 21 get a Pap test quick and if it comes back normal you still have to go back every two years to get tested it takes time to appear 
    • Posted

I had my pap already i actually paid 200 to get it done it came back negative. I heard the new pap smear test are better at catching cells and my dr had told me my cervix looked healthy and by the time theres bleeding its usually already invasive cancer that can be seen by the naked eye but im skeptical. But thanks i been totally scared since augustsad
  • Posted

Did  you ever find out what was the cause of your Cervicitis?  I’ve been dealing with the service at us for about four weeks now, and I’ve been having a lot of pain, but no discharge.  I’ve also had the slightest tinge of itchiness,  but it’s so slight that you almost don’t realize it.  I’ve been having lower abdominal pain and upper abdominal pain. I have been tested for everything, and all tests have come back negative.  I’ve also had a transvaginal ultrasound, and a CT scan.  Both tests were normal.  I’m not sure where to go from here?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.