What should I do? Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms at three months?? I am starting to get worried. A nurse comes in to help my dad and my mom had her look at me and she looked at me like I was absolutely crazy. It made me feel so awful as she said my symptoms were weird.

As of right now has anyone experienced...

-blurred vision

-intense head pressure

-tingling/numbness in legs

-muscle spasms

-chest pains/shortness of breath

like I have no idea what to do anymore and I am completely stuck in bed and everyone thinks I am crazy (especially drs).

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had blurry vision and head pressure. You are doing the right thing by resting. It is all part of the virus.
  • Posted

Hi Christina!

YES! I am obviously not a medical professional, but going on personal experience, I think these can absolutely be typical symptoms of mono. I had it in spring 2016 and had very similar symptoms that made me feel "crazy" at times.

Fortunately I had a very encouraging doctor who explained that viral syndromes (specifically those related to mono) can be very funky and throw your whole body out of whack. What she told me - and what I am sure you have heard MANY times - is just to "step back from life for a minute" and rest as you recover over time. 

It seems that mono can mean a lot more than a sore throat, fever, and fatigue. Hang in there and hope things improve for you soon! It is definitely a journey. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.