What should I do if I've forgotten to take a dose of Citalopram?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm going away for the night and have forgotten (stupidly) to pack my tablets. Do I take two tablets tomorrow when I get back or just one and leave this separate dose out? I'm on 20mg a day.

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun I personally would only take one but maybe call your dr's office to check x
  • Posted

Hi megan

just leave the tablet out, dont take 2 at a time as your body is not used to it and you may get side effects.

As the tablet has a half life of approx 35hrs which means that you still have half of the dose in your system after 35hrs you should be ok with leaving it out.

I can only speak from my own personal experience, but i was on 20mg and have forgotten to take it a few times and was ok to leave that dose and just take as normal the next day.

If in doubt obviously check with your gp

Juliex

• Posted

Hi Megan

I wouldn't take two tablets, I'm on 20mg daily and have missed a dose in the past and on more then one occasion. It won't do you any harm, I would just carry on as normal when you get back. If you still feel unsure while your away you can always pop into any pharmacy and ask them, I'm sure they will put your mind at rest and say the same thing.

Take care

• Posted

I don't know how long u have been on them but I wouldn't take a double dose. You should be ok missing one
  • Posted

don't double up on dose. Just skip the day and then take your one pill the next day at the same time you'd usually take it! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.