What should I do if my doctor doesnt help me?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have CFS, diagnosed recently and Im only 19. I use a walking aid and feel extreme pain thats left me out of college and work for now. Im talking to my doctor today about pain management to see if theres anything that can help me or anything I can do to learn to cope better, but Im new with this practice and scared that like my old doctors they wont take me seriously or be willing to help me/refer me anywhere that can help.

What should I do if my doctors are unhelpful? Is there somewhere I can turn to to try and find the right help for my issues?

1 like, 1 reply

Report / Delete

1 Reply

  • Edited

    talking to a pain counselor will help you cope with better management skills. learning to compartmentalize the various techniques to control pain . learning 'Mindfullness' . its all life changing and will open up doors for you for the future . i'm sorry to hear someone at 19 has CFS.

    study the techniques for helping CSF find a specialist who can guide you to what is best to treat you and fiind a solution l

    Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up