What should I do to reduce lupus flares????

Posted , 3 users are following.

Diagnosed with lupus 2 years ago, I've suffered from lupus flares often. Joint pain, fatigue and headaches find me whenever I'm under pressure. I wonder whether stress triggers flare ups. Even though I try to avoid stress, it still finds me. Who can suggest me how to deal with lupus flares??? They actually make me exhausted.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stress is obviously one of the imost important triggers of a lupus flare. It's often around you and causes the disease. You can try the following ways to deal with stress:

- take deep breath when you feel angry or sad

- do yoga, Tai Chi, or walking every morning. Although exercising with lupus may be difficult at first, they improve your health later.

- share your troubles with trusted people or join a group support

- reduce your work and choose ideal time to finish tasks 

- do anything you like such as watching an interested film, reading books, hanging out with your friends or listening to music

- take rest whenever you're tired

- get enough sleep

These tips may help you deal with stress 

• Posted

thanks for your useful tips, jennifer1303! there're some ways I haven't tried, hope they me reduce lupus flares 

• Posted

healthy diet and lifestyle changes are also important to prevent flare ups. You should pay close attention to them 
    • Posted

thank you, jenifer1303. I'm trying to go to bed early at 10 pm, instead of 1 am like normal. I also keep eating healthy foods daily, but there're some kinds of vegetables I can't consume. Some people told me should take supplements to support my health. I'm considering this. 

• Posted

you should be careful to take supplements. Some supplements boost your immune system that mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. If you want to take supplements, you should consider some types that balance your immune system and reduce inflammation, such as vitamin D, B12 complex, iron or lupufree. My grandmother has taken lupufree and vitamin b12 complex, they bring good results after 3 months. But It would be unwise to ask you for taking them, it's better if your rheumatologist recommend proper supplements to you

• Posted

I recently had a bad flare that knocked me down for 7 days. I was so fatigued , a horrible headache and joint pain along with weakness! I spent 5 days in bed it was so bad! I am sure it was stress related because of personal issues going on in my life ! Since the flare up that was a few weeks ago I still not seem 100 percent better ! Does anyone go through this feeling of dragging myself and I also feel a bit depressed from it ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.