What should I eat and drink after my Ovarian cyst Surgery? My Family refused to help me out.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi! I'll be having my surgery on the 18 July morning. I have an almost 4 years old son Who is amazingly active. I have my husband but he can only look after me and our son  on weekends. Other times n days I won't have anyone to help me with anything.

I called my parents, as I was telling my mom about my condition and my Op date. I heard my dad yell that "Tell her we are not going to come for her" Hearing this made me really sad.

I can't even tell my husband that my dad specially refused to come and help us out.

So I wanted to know that How, How much & What I should prepare before my OP for after Op days or weeks? If anyone know anything about what I should prepare Please do let me know. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi samar you will certainly need someone with you at least fir a good two weeks hun it is a major op you will prob feel ok but its your insides that wont let you do anythink it will be hard work with a little one im sure you family will have a change of heart fingers crossed leep us updated on your journey xx
  • Posted

Hi Samar, im not sure what surgery type youre doing but honestly you are going to need help with your son in order for you to have a faster recovery. I would say that is the only thing you need to prepare because the rest depends on your body's reactions. You will be given a liquidy diet and soft diet for a couple of days until your bowel movements return to normal but it isnt much to worry about. Definitely try and walk the most you can but dont lift anything too heavy or bend down.

goodluck! Hope it all goes well xx

• Posted

Poor you!

I hate hearing about families like yours that don't stick together no matter what!

People have so many issues with themselves, and they can't help another person that's even in their own family! How very sad. Our live scan be so short. Anyway I have had an ovarian cyst myself. You can eat what you like. It's the moving about after your op not what you eat. 

But straight after the operation you won't feel much like eating anyway. Full of wind! 

I remember having peppermint juice that helped my stomach alot. Just take things easy, and don't lift anything heavy either. Bathe in salted bath water. It's a ver good disenfectant. Helps you heal much more quickly. T.C I hope your dad finds it in his heart to help you. God bless you 😊

• Posted

Hello Samar,

Hope your surgery went well 3

Years back... wonder how you managed? How was it after the procedure.. your recovery time?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.