What should I expect by now need advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

Just need to know if this is going to work eventually..

Been on fluoxatine now 14 weeks.. 10 weeks on 20mg and the last 4 weeks on 40mg I was given these for anxiety/depression and panic disorder..

Don't get me wrong they have lifted the depression and my mood so much that I can enjoy more aspects of life .

But for the anxiety side I'm still struggling with panic attacks ( mainly breathing) and irrational thoughts (mainly about my heart) they don't seem to have had the effect I was expecting..

Is 14 weeks still early days on these mess or sjukd I be expecting more by now?

Thanks for any reply

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Way to early. When you do an increase it is like starting again with some of the side effects. I am at 8 months now at 40mg and it probably took me until 7 months before everything went including anxiety. I also notice that heartburn can play up on these tablets so by changing diet it helped with the heart palps at night.
  • Posted

P.S if you have had your heart checked for peace of mind then exercise when feeling panicked... anxiety is best dealt with by exercise.
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply it's good to know what to expect ..

Yes I have had 2 ecg and blood work done this year and everything a was normal but still get the awful "what if's"

I'll keep pushing on with the meds and keep hoping thanks 😊

• Posted

Your brain is just feeding you a bunch of lies... you know the truth you are perfectly healthy! What you are feeling is perfectly normal with the increase to 40mg. I found the anxiety the last thing to go when on these meds... so if you are feeling better with the other stuff you are well and truly on your way. Soon you will have some anxiety free days but be prepared they do pop in sometimes but the slowly become less and less regular.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.