What should it look like?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I'm 4 weeks post A&P repair, what should it look like down there? I had a we look and there is a pea sized ball of skin and something quite round shaped with a stitch in it-i think? Is this normal help ladies please X 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it's probably just a stitch working loose. They can take several weeks to come out and may cause the effect you describe. I personally did not attempt to look down there myself after my op! We have no way of knowing what it should look like at each stage you're at so try not to worry but speak to a nurse or your doc if you are!
  • Posted

I also have the stitch and bump and according to my Dr it is normal and will go down. Hope that helps.
  • Posted

You still have a long way to go before you are completely healed. What you see is perfectly normal so don't worry.
  • Posted

HI, thank you for your replies that does put my mind at ease, this is such a great forum! 

Thank you again Ladies for taking the time to reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.