What sort of things are seen as flares

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anyone help with this.  I am waiting to see the dr but is feeling chesty and shortness of breath part of ra, my feet are  hot and burning.

i appreciate everyone is different but can anyone help

Thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I don't think this is usually part of RA so good you are seeing a Dr. The chestiness sounds  more like an infection or even possibly a reaction to medication?but a Dr needs to see you to tell. (Do you have a temperature? )

i understand flares to mean extremely swollen, tender joints which are not responding to meds. The only time I was officially said to be in a flare it was that.

Hope you get your appointment soon.

• Posted

Thanks for responding I have a temperture although my hands in particular is swollen ,ost of the time.  I am currently only on pain relief and waiting to see the rhumetoid Doctor.
    • Posted

Ah then- likely to be chest infection I suppose.  Hopefully the GP can help.

Sorry to hear you are having a lot of swelling in your hands. Hope your rheumy appt comes soon as then they can diagnose and plan a course of action to help you- though it sometimes takes a bit of time to sort out what will work- as you say each one if us slightly different.

But this is a good forum for finding people with similar issues.i ve learnt a lot from different things people post-

• Posted

I don't think any of those symptoms are part of RA. I've had it for 10 years and read a lot and none of those come up that I recall.

The hot feet could be peripheral neuropathy, but there are other things it could be too. Check it up online...

• Posted

I've always had aching burning hot feet with ra. Steriods gave me chest infection.
    • Posted

Just want to say thanks to every one who responded to my post, (not just this) and their advice.  I was not on any medication just some pain meds so took your advice and went to see the nurse.  I have also seen the Dr and have started Metz 7.5mg for two weeks going up to 10 mg for two weeks and then 12.5mg with bloods every two weeks. The next day after taking mets was really painful but I understand that can happen.  Just to say thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.