what strength Vit D for a level of deficiency of 12?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Further to my earlier post- Im in UK and  i m querying if dosage is appropriate it s Pro D 3 high strength formula 500mcg per capsule .. i take them 3 times a week ... also how does calcium tie in with Vit  D  - i m confused ...should i be taking it too ..? Any one help ?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Please let me know, when talking about your results, are you talking about Vit D 25 Hydroxy?

Also, would appreciate reply from anyone.

thanks

• Posted

Yes. That's the standard blood test. It's what I had done. : - )
  • Posted

Hi my doc has put me on Fultium D3 3200 iu per day following my blood results of 14, which seems a much lower amount than other people are on, I'm just wondering why? He gave me no advice accept to see him in a month (which is next week)  and take pain relief if needed, which is most definitely is.

I can hardly do anything, have so much pain and tiredness, cannot walk very far at all, sometimes can't even hold my knife and fork.

What advice do folks have? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.