that's causing my problems.

Could anyone tell me what symptoms they had that made you go

for surgery ?

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda,

?Symptoms are a little different for everyone.  However, I experienced pain in my upper right abdomen that radiated to my back.  I had a sharp  pain on the top of my right shoulder which doesn't happen to everyone.  Plus I had a fever of 102 and my BP was way up. I was also nauseated and vomiting.  

?If you are having any of these symptoms, go directly to Urgent care.  The doctor will make sure you have a CAT scan, an ultrasound, and blood test.  Then he will determine  your course of treatment.  Do yourself a favor and go straight to Urgent Care if you have these symptoms.  Especially if you have a fever.

• Posted

Hi, I started with IBS D , chronic and several times a day, after bowel checks I was diagnosed with IBS, 2 mths later started with chronic reflux which I had never had before,, throat burning a well as nose. Diagnosed with reflux/GERD and placed on meds, they didnt work so i went back, by now had nausea and minor weight loss, upon being checked found a tender spot over gallbladder and sent for scan, diagnosed with multiple mobile gallstones. Since then I suffer with nausea, 15 kg weight loss, bloating, gas, IBS D now and again, minor reflux now, ache bruised feeling in ribs. I am awaiting surgery after cameras ruled everything else out and so did a CT. My symptoms are currently managable and minor at the moment which I put down to frequent beets, digestive enzymes and ox bile.
  • Posted

Hello Linda, my husband has suffered for quite a while now and is op is next Friday.Anyway, his symptoms are pain just under right rib that also radiates into back and feels like a fist that is firmly pushedinto back. He also suffers terrible bloating and gas as well as very soe stomach due to acid. He is constantly worn out and tired. As Margaret states symptoms are different for everyone but if you have got gallstones and you suffer these types of symptoms get the gallbladder sorted out. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.