What tests should I be insisting on with my symptom's?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I'm unsure if I have a heart problem, for the past 2 years I have been lightheaded, foggy headed, tinnitus and felt generally ill with some heart palpitations.

This changed over the past couple of weeks to be nausea, random thronging pains in my jaw, arms, throat, feel like I can't breath or I'm about to pass out and stop breathing for most of the day, have a dry throat and mouth when this happens, some acid

I generally feel the most rubbish I have ever felt and I'm not saying I want to do anything bad but I'm at the end of my coping with this. It's starting to make me ring in sick to work and withdraw from social situations.

What tests should I be asking to be done to satisfy this isn't my heart or lungs and km not just going to drop down dead?

Doctor says it's anxiety but I feel we've come to that conclusion before ruling out some potentially serious things.

6 months ago I had an ecg and an echo which were ok and 2 different gp's this week have told me my BP and oxygen levels are fine and my heart and lungs sound fine. What else is there?

Thank you all

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ct scan or mri but you had an ech of your heart so it soounds like anxiety
  • Posted

Anxiety seems to be the latest fashion for the medical profession to get rid of you when they cannot find the answer, I am going through the same thing, I scored zero on the anxiety test. I bought myself a Prince 180B to take my own ecg when i felt I was having palpitations and feeling strangled,  I was then able to show them I had Ventricular Tachycardia.
  • Posted

If you really feel it is your heart, buy yourself a fitbit, a high end one can record your heart beat and what it is doing, where the Dr's tests are only at a given few minuets of any given day, and just like the car, won't repeat the click or clunk when you take it to the mechanic.

You can download the results of you fitbit to your computer and compare good times with bad times, even you will be able to see the diffrence, friend saved by one of these fitbits, took it to his regular GP, they sent for an ambulance with his results, and had him admitted to heart hospital, problem solved by ablation and pacemaker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.