What the heck

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 6 Months ago I injured my left knee. I might have done damage more than once during a 2 month period.

It was really painful at first. Minimum swelling. Urgent care said a little swelling under knee cap and I have patellafemoral pain syndrome. But does that make sense being an acute injury? It started popping when I extend it. It pops at the very end of knee extension almost like have to push it a bit but it does pop. Sometimes it pops when I am walking and I accidentally extend it too mych. Then sometimes it pops again immediately when I bend it back. It also has a small pop in the middle of extension.

It's a deep pain inside of the knee. It starts at the back of the left knee around my tibia and through the front inside. It's just a deep pain. Well I reinjured it and it popped pretty good, but after swelling now it hurts and pops a little less.

I walk making sure my knee won't extend, keeping it bent and limping. I've tried several braces and they don't help. I can still pop my knee if I step on it wrong and the pain is still there. It's my fault for being such a procrastinator.

Since it feels a little better sometimes as long as I don't really use it do I still need to see a dr? Could it be something other than something serious like a tear?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Missriss.

I would definitely make an appointment to see a doctor. You're in pain and by not finding out what the problem is, if any, you may be further damaging your knee.

Nothing to fool around with.

• Posted

Yes you should see a Dr. An orthopedic Dr, before it becomes something serious if it's not already.

• Posted

Yes see a Doctor for assessment. You might be doing damage walking around with a bent leg and could cause problems further down the line. Best know what you are dealing with.

All the best

Jan

• Posted

Orthopedic surgeon.  First x-ray, then MRI.  In some cases, neither are conclusive and the doc's gotta scope the knee.  Happened to me four times, two each side.  You will have no idea what the problem is until a surgeon can give you a definitive diagnosis.  Stop googling; stop speculating.  Get the imaging done for starters.  Gotta find the root cause of the problem and fix it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.