What the hell is this??

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, if someone would ask me "are you allergic to anything" I'd say pure orange. The reason for this?

Well.. when I was a little girl, I had pure orange juice a maximum of 20 times before I completely cut it out due to the consequences!

After drinking or eating orange I would get a horrible stinging pain inside my vagina.. it wasn't as though it was stinging or burning when I urinated.. it was simply just irritation inside..

What could this be due to? I tried orange juice again 2 years ago and again last week with exact same occurrence.. I have no idea what the reason could be or how it even logically can happen? Any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. I've heard of women itching/burning in their vaginal area due to soy and dairy allergies so I suppose it's possible another food allergy could cause the same thing. If you avoid orange juice, are you perfectly fine? If so, I would continue to avoid orange juice. It's extremely acidic so I know if definitely is a bladder irritant.

• Posted

Yes as long as I don't have lemon juice or orange, it sucks because sometimes I just fancy a nice glass of cold orange juice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.