What the Hell is This?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Few days ago was completly white, now has red spots on it. Hope it's not STD

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello!

That is likely a canker sore.

Canker sores can be caused by injury to the mouth, acidic or spicy foods, vitamin deficiencies, hormones, stress, or bad dental hygiene. Canker sores are not the same thing as cold sores (HSV1)

They heal on their own but I would suggest gargling salt water to speed up the healing process.

Good luck !!!

• Posted

Thanks for response. Probably was stress+sweat but usually they form on my gums, never happened on theĀ tonsils. The red spots on it made me worry a bit.
    • Posted

Yeah. That's super understandable. They can form on the inside of cheeks, gums, tonsil/back if throat. Kind of anywhere in your mouth.

• Posted

Gargle some salt water a few times a day for a week
  • Posted

I want to believe it was a tonsil stone and when it fell out you'll see the crevice where it was lodged. Did you find a yellowish lump in your mouth ? You'll know because it's very stinky .

I had tonsil stones in the past and they always dislodged when I was swimming laps because of that breathing pattern.

Type tonsil stone on youtube and you'll learn a lot , they are not a problem just a nuisance

• Posted

And How did you take a good quality pic in your mouth ? That's very difficult

• Posted

Tomorrow I'm going to see a dermatologist for other stuff too. As far as I saw I don't have a yellowish lump, but my tongue is a bit yellow and white, maybe due to the antibiotic.

The pic was taken with my phone, I used the mirror to point the camera and to direct my fingers on the touch buttons.

• Posted

i would bet that was a tonsil stone. just look it up. everyone gets them. they look like a whitehead in the back of your throat and then they come loose. they form in the pockets of your tonsils and they are little clumps of built up calcium and other stuff. they arent dangerous at all. that spot you have looks like one was there and has fallen off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.