What these test results mean???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently, I was not feeling well for three months as I was worrying about STD.

For Last one month, feeling some crawling/needle prick sensation in neck/chin/under chin area.

Issues i have:

Weight Loss

One side Ear ringing

Crawling/Prick sensation in neck, particularly below the jaw

Gasteric problem (Center chest pain)

Chest muscles pain occasionally

last one week feeling heat in the feets

Last Month(23rd):(Doctor didn't concerned about the result)

TSH: 1.43 mcIU/ml

T3:0.83 ng/ml

T4:5.90 mcg/dl

As part of doing other test, have taken Thyroid test additionally and to observe any problem.

Today:(Very Morning, without food)

TSH: 2.03 mcIU/ml

T4: 4.60 mcg/dl

T3: 0.92 ng/ml

FT3: 2.73 pg/ml

FT4: 1.42 ng/dl

Can you advise if abnormal between these two tests?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i got a thyroidectomy about 10 years ago, so the TSH, FT3, and FT4 i get tested every year. i have been way overmedicated for over a year now, and i am trying to fix it on my own now . I even tested high, and I don't understand why MY doctor didn't figure this out, but that is a learning lesson for me I guess. Looking at your TSH, FT3, and FT4 results they are all in the normal range, BUT everyone is different. The "normal range" is so large, so what is "normal" for you may not be normal for me. Your symptoms sound like you are overmedicated. The crawling/prickly feeling I did not have, but everything else you listed I am going through. I feel better after 3 weeks of lowering my dose, but it has not been long enough to be completely better. You need to lower your dose a little. you obviously feel better on the lower side of normal. Because I was overmedicated for so long I think it is going to take a few months for me to feel 100% better, but i am going to test myself at home to get this corrected. I am 5'11", and when I stood on the scale and saw i was 121lbs, it scared me half to death. I was 11lbs under weight! In the last 3 weeks I was able to gain about 3-4 pounds, so that part is slowly getting better. I still have heart palpitations and some other hyperthyroid problems that I cannot wait to get rid of.

Good luck. Maybe explain to your doc that YOU feel better in the lower side of normal and ask him how you can fix it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.