What time of night is best for sleep?.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been prescribed 10mg per night for nerve damage pain after I smashed my heel to pieces last year which has left me with the metalwork the surgeon put in to rebuild the back of the foot touching the nerves inside my foot and causing hellish pain.

My question is what time should I take it at night so it is working well when I go to bed at midnight?.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had same - 10mg after a neck injury was causing severe headeaches which prevented sleep. The drug works well but can make one feel very dopey in the morning. I was advised by my GP to take it around 8 pm. I retire late too and I thought it would make me drowsy before I wanted to go to bed but it didn't. I found if I took it at 10pm I was dopey until 10am but if I took it at 8pm I felt fine when I got up at 8am so maybe it works on a 12 hour cycle.

• Posted

One thing I'd like to add...I was taking Ami at 9 p.m. and wasn't sleepy until early the next morning...frustrating. But then a friend told me to take it earlier with dinner...in between mouthfuls that is. It works...do try it as this is an excellent medication for so many things. Good Luck..G

• Posted

Thanks Gloria. Did you mean to reply to Andrew? I only took Ami for a few weeks two years ago to help with severe headaches after some chiro work on a neck injury. It certainly did the trick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.