What tips would you give to anyone on orlistat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

okies for me it would have to be

A> Write down everything you eat, if you have any adverse effects you can look back and avoid/eat less of what triggered it

B> Don't put yourself under pressure or set too high a goal, losing 8lbs is easier to accomplish than 8 stone, when you've reached your first goal 8lbs .. change the goal posts .. aim for another 8lbs

C> Don't take anything off the menu, if your like me as soon as you say, you can't have anything you want it all the more, so still allow yourself to eat everything, the orlistat will get you changing your way of thinking and you will start to think 'do I really want that' or that amount.

D> Use the same scales, I nearly lost it at a weigh in when I was told I had put on 8lbs in one week, when I next went and was back to the original scales I had in fact lost 10lbs

E> Don't shoot yourself if you have a blip .. were all only human

F> Never trust a fart

G> Take photo's, for years I've never wanted to have my piccy taken, always hid away or said I hate having my piccy taken please don't, and I know deep down it was only because I didn't like the way I looked :-(

when I first started taking the blueys my daughter took a full length pic of me, and each month she takes a new piccy, I hate the first pic with a passion, I do look a fright, but 3 piccys later and I see the difference, It really does spur me on

all the above is working for me, what could you add that works for you?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI Kaelea..

Can I be nosy and ask what your starting weight was??

I agree with all the above..

Write it all down..

Up your exercise a little each week..

Definately take piccies..

Take yourself off shopping when you reach a goal.. clothes shopping (NOT sweety shopping)

Try not to obsess over scales..(says she who weighs herself every morning)..

Do the house work with your fave music full blast.. it makes you dance a bit

Dance Mats for the PS2 is not exercise its fun..(especially if you aint got a wii fit!)

• Posted

great tips!

i get my first prescription on tues but im not starting till fri as i have an hour commute to work there and back all week and i dont think it would be wise given the said farting problems.

im deffo going to make a food diary and im also starting at my gym a week on fri. if anyone out there wants to join a gym but cant afford it you can get a referal from your doctor and get a free 3 month subscription then a half price one after that.

for me im stating at 15 and a half stone , im 5'5\" and i am seriously unconfident at the moment.

roll on those pounds coming off! (or stones. please!)

• Posted

I forgot a tip...

Have a large lunch and a small tea/dinner.. Good luck Missp..

It takes a couple of days for the tablets to \"kick in\".. I started mine on Wednesday 1st october..and nothing changed (toilet wise) until the Saturday morning.. (an appropriately placed panty liner may solve your problem..or at least give you time to get somewhere to change)..I admit I carried wipes and a spare pair of pants with me for the first month.. now I don't as I seem to know when I will have \"trouble\" LOL

• Posted

I say yes to all the above and also:

Drink plenty of water - it helps with the headaches and also is good for the skin.

Measure yourself when you start - you may not think you are losing but the inches might be coming off - I lost 7cm from my waist in 7 weeks.

I set myself a goal each week to try and cut down on something - like chocolate or biscuits and so far my main one was not to buy chocolate esp when getting petrol and so far I've kept that one up - I might have had a bit of chocolate but not bought by myself.

Jane

• Posted

Sure you can be nosey

I can answer too .. its great to have a pc screen to hide behind lol

my starting weight was 18st and 10lbs

I now weigh 15st and 8lbs (I'm on my 4th month, weigh in next week eek)

I've still a long way to go .. but I'll get there

I haven't felt this good about myself in a long long time :-)

some more great tips have been added .. I forgot about the measuring one, I think its soo funny I've lost 2 inches off my waist .. but 3 inches from my neck! it just sounds wrong lol

I also spoke to my doc about the gym, they won't help me, and I can't afford to go, I'm hoping if I have any money left after buying for the kids, Santa (me) will buy me a wii fit lol

• Posted

I am lucky in a way.. I work for the local authority and get the gym at the price of an OAP! LOL..(as its a local authority run centre)..BUT I don't have the courage to go!

I started the year at 23 stone 6..(5ft 2!) in size 30/32 and lost 2 stone and then put half a stone back on..then started the tablets

I am now under 20 stone (been on the tabs for nearly 2 months) and now in size 26 jeans

The first month was easy and I lost 11lb.. this month has been hard work!..

Did that happen to you? Does anyone have 2nd month in tips for when the loss starts to slow down?

I would be happy at 15stone LOL

• Posted

Hiya,

I stopped loosing and started to seriously look at my portions and glad to say that even cutting back just a little has started the loss again - although had the monthlies last week and felt so bloated I could have been blown away with a good gust of wind :lol: That's the weather kind and not the other :lol: plenty of that to go around - wish i could bottle it and use it to power the car :lol: :lol:

Feeling much better this week and due for a weigh in at the end of the week.

Jane

• Posted

not really sure what 2 month tip to give, I haven't had that problem .. yet

but remember even if it does slow down, 1lb a week over the course of a year is still over 3 stone, thats still some acomplishment and something to be proud of

next time your shopping .. stop a while longer in the butter aisle, visualise all the blocks of butter as being the fat you've lost, my daughter disowned me when I piled up a ton of them and said look thats what I've lost lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.