What to do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

I written here before looking for advice on how to deal with bipolar disorder.

Maybe thinking with my head I know what to do.

I have tried everything with my boyfriend, we have periods when he is very well, our relationship is good, lots of communication, even when he is down which is something he didn't do before( he would just shot me off completely).

He left a week ago to see friends in another state. I took him to the airport and spent most of the day with him.

He gets over there and within the second day he is there I noticed his silence, not much texts or phone calls but I didn't think bad about that and I was glad he was spending time with his friends but days passed and I noticed how little he was communicating and I tried to call him and his phone is off. Now when one week gone he won't pick up the Phone or reply my texts.

How can someone shut off like that in just a week? I seen how deep down he is hitting before, going for days without eating or sleeping and refusing to take his medication.

Like I said I know what's my head is telling me and walk away but my heart says I have to understand because he has this thing, Something that is so hard for me to comprehend.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

As someone with bipolar disorder, I KNOW how hard it can be on the people around you. It's part of what tortures you and you just want to stay away from everyone and everything because you are convinced you'll do something wrong to lose them completely. The best thing you can do is be there and be consistent, because those are things he's not. You have to be the example no matter how unfair it is and be that constant positive influence for him that makes him realize that all is not lost and he is not alone. Being alone & feeling alone are very different things - and the important thing is to not feel alone even when you are. How you are able to do that in your relationship is your choice. But it will take time, and effort and patience if you decide to stay and that you love him more than his faults and despite them. Best of luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.