What to do

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had 1 ovary 1 tube removed from opposites sides when i was 25 was told that i would most likely suffer from early menopause because of this. They were right i started it when i was 35. I went crazy. I started the hot flushes then i started losing the plot for example hanging on to the shelves in the local tesco or adsa, because i had lost my mind and co-ordination, i saw a doctor and told HIM what i knew what was wrong with me (the menopause) he didnt believe me, it took about nearly a year to convince him and get a blood test to prove him right, he eventually prescibed me hrt (cant rememmber which one it was as it was later discontinued) they kicked in about 3 days later and whooo i had never felt better, my life was worth living, i was happy, more so than i had ever been in my life. After they were discontinued i was prescibed another, premak c 0.625, they worked but not quite as much as the 1st ones. Then i moved abroad  to another country which lacked a decent medical service and i ended up soucing the premak without precription or routine examination because i could not cope without them and could not get from the uk without flying back to the uk and pretending i still resided there. The prempak ran out for some reason and the chemist lady gave me a unprescipted replacement called Climen, they caused severe leg/foot cramp and a period, (for the first time in 9 years!) i stopped taking them after 1 month and went without for 4 month, was ok to begin with but slowly slowly all the bad symtoms came back untill i again inquired about premak and got it again, well i was really excited about this and thought i would be better again in 3-5 days, but i was wrong i have taken nearly 3 weeks of them now, and if anything i feel worse, im stressed out and im very agitated, i feel sick then i flush and then im frozen, it is all just a nightmare, thats 12 years now in total, i just want it to end, i look at my self in the miror and the cry, i think i can cope with the flushes its the stress and agitation thats getting me down now so i started taking amitriptyline also unprescribed to calm me down..im 47 now and i want it all to stop...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jen

Oh bless you hun,

So have you seen a gyno not a GP for advice, prempak HRT thats equine, made from pregnant mares urine, did you know .. 

As is Premique and Premarin. 

I had a natural peri for ten years from age 40 to 50 i am post meno now, get yourself some vit B6 at least 100mg daily, it helps so much with peri symptoms and post meno, and also helps absorbtion of HRT. 

B6 helps anxiety, aches, energy its fab and we lack it going through peri and post meno

what country do you live now .. I am from UK but live in Southern Spain. 

Big hugs 

Jay x 

• Posted

Useful info

For a woman going through perimenopause, B-& menopause vitamins can be essential for effectively managing symptoms.   

Adrenal fatigue, for example, is a common secondary condition for many women going through perimenopause.

B-vitamins support healthy adrenal function, along with calming and maintaining a healthy nervous system.

Many women also suffer with mood swings during perimenopause.

Both B12 and B6 vitamins aid in the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, a key brain chemical needed to stabilize moods and promote feelings of wellness and contentment.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause and post menopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause.

It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

Take 100mg B6 daily on morning

B12 5000mcg daily

Higher the b12 mcg the better.

• Posted

I am so glad you are on here tonight Jay. I just got off work and made the mistake of weighing myself while there. Since the beginning of the year I have gained 21 lbs. I am still having sporadic cycles, I actually thought I wasn't finished but I am not. I'm still peri. The weight gain is simply upsetting me to no end. I am not eating anymore than I used to. I see you mention B6 as beneficial to weight loss. I actually was wondering about Maca, but while reading up on it, noted it can be disruptive to the thyroid gland and possibly cause issues there. I know you take it. Does Maca help with stubborn weight gain and have you had any issues with Maca affecting your thyroid?

Big Hugs to you Jay!

Annie

• Posted

Hi annie

oh bless ya .. weight can be an issue with some ladies in peri and meno, 

Maca i take 5.1 ratio capsule, meaning one capsule of 500mg is x 5 so equates to 2500mg. 

Cant say i had any bother at all with Maca .. I first started it 10 or so years ago it was the first thing i took for peri. I do have a little break off it and restart again. 

I havent had any weight issues as such, i weigh 125lb, i am very active, and dont over eat ever, little and often, i dont drink alcohol either.

My weight was more the opposite, i lost weight. 

My thyroid always been fine on my regular blood tests

I do take a kelp 1000mg capsule daily too. 

I stop all supplements for one month before any blood checks .

Jay xx 

• Posted

oh Jen, I have been there and so know how you are feeling.  Where are you living now?  Do you see a GP or GYN?  My HRT is the synthetic estradiol and progestin , my doctors added Nortripyline (AD) daily.  Also Valium as needed.  This is what worked for me.  I caution you to speak to your doctor and let them know how you are feeling before taking any vitamins or supplements they have drug interactions as odd as that seems, before taking them.  If you are not getting adequate medical help seek out another doctor.  Promise me you will go to ER hospital before you do anything to end your misery.  You will find the right treatment and doctor for you.  Please write back I care very very much about you.  You are going to be ok. Please answer me,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.