What to do

Posted , 6 users are following.

Increased dosage 75 mg on Monday.  Feeling no relief. Can hardly get off sofa. Just don't know how to help myself.  Just venting I guess.

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

What medication are you taking?

• Posted

Zoloft.  Started at 25 for 2 weeks 50 2 weeks. On Monday increased to 75.
    • Posted

Not been on them myself but I know an increase in medication can have an effect till your body gets used to it. I've had the same due to increase myself. Try and stick it out if no change in a week tell your doctor.
  • Posted

Here is the best place to vent. I had zoloft for a few years and cannot say I felt any better. Then when I saw one doctor he tried to get me to chew one raisin for like ten minutes, one raisin 10 minutes. After about 30 seconds, I just swallowed. He then told me only meds would help just need to find the right one or ones, that I had lacked self control. I felt like sh*t when he laid that on me. But maybe he was right. I went through zoloft, velaxtine ( spelling ) still am on that, but I half a dozen different pills and some combos. I had to stick with that one due to the health care coverage, then a year later maybe two he asked me to chew one raisin for five minutes. I told hm F- that. Finally I got a different doc. But I have triggers to deep depressioon that I do not even know what they are yet. At least that is what we are trying to find instead of one stupid raisin. hey good luck and now I got to vent too.
  • Posted

Venting helps, it's about 99.9% of these forums after all.
  • Posted

Totally agree with Adam and Venom here, also I am unfamiliar with Zoloft and I to gather this is not a UK drug
  • Posted

Lynda,

thanks for clearing that up, I wish with all my heart doctors would explain how SSRIs work a bit more because you are certainly not the first. These drugs whilst taking a few weeks to become fully effective have a whole bucketful of diverse side effects. I'm on Paroxetine and now up to 30mg and have been through the glued to the sofa stage, trouble was I thought I was doing well lol. Stick to it, keep strong and vent away 😀

• Posted

David

not feeling strong.  Feel I am in a nightmare with no ending.  Apparently the meds I am on take to 12 weeks to work.  I certainly didn't know that before I started,

LyndaLynda

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

Firstly you are strong, you are ill and suffering but still strong. As for the meds I was under the impression that most SSRIs take 2-8 weeks to have full effect but that doesn't mean they will just go bang your cured. The trouble with such a slow uptake it's hard to notice of difference. Keep a journal even if it's just smiley faces and sad faces. You are an amazing person and this world needs amazing people who fight mental illness so they can help others

• Posted

David

thanks for your thoughtful reply.  I will try the happy/sad face. What has your experience been like.  Too personal.  I apologize.

• Posted

Hi David

Went out to a friend's house for dinner.  Didn't decide until the last minute.  Usually I am very sociable and enjoy being with people,.  I did enjoy (not sure that is the word) participate in conversation.  I was fairly relaxed.  Wasn't completely myself

this am I woke out with fuzzy head from Side effects and such anger. I don't drink alcohol.  Angry that these pills are not doing what they are suppose d to do.  Losing my patience.  My husband says he notices a difference but he is just humouring me.  So far that's my day.  How are you.  You are a wonderful support to the people on this forum.  Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Lynda 

whilst I sympathise with your position, I know you are strong and you have the strength of character to stay positive. I would continue with the relaxation techniques but unfortunately like the meds they can take time to take full effect. And don't be harsh on your husband, he may just be telling the truth. Remember we are here for you, write, relax and learn, I have seen you post on here offering support to others like I do and that makes you an amazing person. Keep in regular touch and if you find time you can read my story and if you do (and think it worthy) please pass it on so others can get to read what it is like to suffer. Hope you don't think I'm self promoting but I feel half the problem we have is that non sufferers have no idea what we go through.

• Posted

before i suffered i never understood, its amazing how bad anxiety and depression  can affect your lives. My mum has always suffered with depression and has bipolar, i used to get mad and want her to snap out of it,now i understand you cant snap out of things,it takes time. In time you will feel better lynda,if my mum can do it anyone can smile

Unfortunetly theres no quick fix,were all on here to read your vents,write back,offer advice or simply say we understand how your feeling.tabets are a complete bummer, i wish i never had to take them! they fix one problem but usually give you another.

hope you have a better day today....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.