what to do for MGD that helps

Posted , 3 users are following.

How do I get rid of clogged eye glands

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How to live with clogged eye glands what to do to unclog them?
  • Posted

I am sorry that you are dealing with this.  I wish I had the perfect solution to offer you but I am also in search of the variables to improve this condition.  Warm compresses seem to help temporarily but I believe the cause is systemic.  I recently had hives as well and the doc suggested that I should do an elimination diet to find the root cause of my inflammation.   I am considering a Whole 30 program (google it) to hopefully find some answers.  In the meantime, based on this Whole 30 plan, I have already almost eliminated dairy from my diet (I'm not perfect).  I have no stomach issues to guide me but my body seems to be responding favorably already.  My skin is looking clearer than ever and my eyes are definitely improved.  The bleph is not gone but has improved after about 5 weeks.  Hoping that I seem more improvement with more time passing.  Good luck!

• Posted

There is an expensive procedure called "LipiFlow".

In Canada, it costs $1000 for the treatment from my ophthalmologist.

And you have to get it done every year.

I chose not to get it. The results take 6 months for a benefit??

I read that if you take a hot compress to your eyelid for 6 minutes at a steady 40 degrees celsius, it'll melt the fatty deposits in your eyelids -- the same thing the LipiFlow procedure does.

The Lipiflow is just fancier -- they clip small attachments to your eyelids and I suppose it's more "comfortable".

I just have a bath with really hot water, and use a big facecloth and put it on my eyes for as long as I can. Seems to help.

I think there is something underlying that causes the clogged eye glands. In other words, unclogging your eyelid glands is one thing. But there is probably bacteria or another problem which is causing the clogging/extra inflammation to begin with, so it's not really dealing with that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.