What to do - LPR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi anyone,

?     I'm really suffering with LPR.  I've been on 80 mgs Omeprazole for about 6 weeks.  Tried to lower my dose a few days ago to 60 mgs and the terrible, terrible burning returned to my throat.  I could feel the acid last night in my throat so I took 20 mgs more of medicine.  I've been doing the whole low-acid diet, gargling with alkaline water, etc., no gluten, no dairy.

?      My endoscopy showed strictures, esophagus narrowing, so the doctor dilated my esophagus.  He said I have gastropathy in the stomach, redness due possibly to chemicals but I don't take NSAID's.

?       Should I go ahead and eat probiotic yogurt and take kefir probiotic (non-dairy, non-gluten)?  What has anyone found WORKS FOR THIS CONDITION?

?        How many weeks/months should I take omeprazole?

?Thanks to anyone, CW

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine, I have suffered this shocking pain for years and like you, tried to lower my Emeprazole but back it came. I’m now taking Esomeprazole and ranitidine together and it seems to work. I would certainly take probiotics as well as they are good for so many things. 

Best wishes.....x

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

i don’t have the condition to the extent you seem to. I wish well soon.

All I can offer is what has worked for me:

Tumeric paste, frozen into tablet form and taken twice a day. AM and PM

Sachet of Fybogel, Monday to Friday, daily.

Kefir (from time to time)

Regular, vigorous exercise(check with your Dr before embarking on this). 

Aloe Vera water with bits included!

if that doesn’t keep it at bay, which it doesn’t all the time, i’ll take a 20/40mg Omeprazol.

Hope you get better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.