What to do now to prevent a bacterial/yeast infection *tips*

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am finally cleared from my bacterial/yeast infection. Thrust and symptoms are practically gone. Now, is the time to take the steps to avoid it from coming back. I still don't know what is the true cause(s) yet, so I am going to assume it's some where along the lines due to my period,sex,lack of drinking water, and diet. So I am going to try and do something about each.

Period: Avoid wearing pads/tampons for too long and change as often as possible. Wash with water (unscented wipes or squirt bottle) after bathroom use, if possible.

Sex: I'm in a monogamous relationship so I try to just pee and wash with water after sex. Make sure you and your partner are clear from any infections including std's. 

Water: Drink plenty of water daily (That means more than just three water bottles a day), super important!! Get creative, add lemon slices to help with acidic levels if needed. 

Diet: Cut back on sugar, yeast feeds off of it. Consume more veggies. Eat plenty of yogurt daily or every now and then that contain live active cultures. Incorporate garlic, apple cider vinegar in your cooking. 

Other/Controlling ph levels: My ph levels are easily erupted, that's why I believe I am more sensitive towards getting an infection. Take probiotics daily or every now and then..also found in yogurt. I am currently taking Women Floral 25 billion. Avoid or don't douching. Wear 100% cotton panties, and try to sleep with no panties during the night to let the area breathe.

Avoid sceneted sprays and bath products. Since the vagina cleans itself, it's okay to wash with just water. I am starting to use Vagisil pH intimate wash, but I will stick to just using it during period days or maybe after sex.

Any other tips you can think of that have helped you or may help?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Candy 100% correct, good advice there

Sue 

• Posted

Oh and if you have been treated for thrush and are sexually active your partner may need treating too otherwise they can give it all back to you!   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.