What to eat !!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started the pills 3 days ago and I've been totally fine until today ... I'm basically cutting out the rubbish and eating healthily .., tonight I made a chicken butterbean veg stew.. later in the evening I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with a stinky fluorescent oil slick in my pjs !!!! I'm freaking right out ..if this is what these tabs do on a basic healthy meal I'm outta here !!! Is this normal .. What did I do !!!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Morning Whiterlife. If you are having side effects then there was too much fat in that meal. How did you cook it? Anymore that 5g of fat in a meal will give you the dreaded side effects
  • Posted

Thought it was 15g per meal, but each component no more than 5g??

It could have been the dinner that you cooked, did you use oil for example? Or it might be from previous meals if you've only just started taking the tablets. It's a good idea to go fat free for a couple of days before starting them just in case!!

• Posted

Sorry you are right, 5g per ingredient and no more than 15g. Could be in the stock?
  • Posted

Hi Whiterlife,  sometimes what seems like a low fat meal will have lots of hidden fats.  Did you remove the chicken skin before cooking?  It's very fatty and the fat will seep into the sauce even if you cut if off beore eating.  Also did you fry onions etc in oil before casserolling?  It's a good idea to wear panty liners too, especially in the early days while your system is getting used to Orlistat.
  • Posted

Hi everyone ... I used lean chicken breast but used about 2 tsp of extra virgin to pan fry ... Added the veg etc and then passata ( no stock ) ... Today has been better .. Yesterday felt like a big groaning fart bag !!  But have to admit didn't take a tablet tonight .. Had low fat soup and brown bread and was petrified it would happen again ... These things are putting the fear into me which on one hand is a good thing but on the other makes life harder ... Despite this I'm going to persevere I'm desperate to lose this fat and I'm sure it's going to be a case of trial and error with my little blue buddies !!! 
  • Posted

Hello Whiterife how are you doing ? It is middle of my 3rd week today and 1st week was really crazy I haven't experienced fat leaks but rushing to the toilet on few occasions and my bowel movements definitely changed. Now all seems settled as I am getting to know what to eat really and look like my body accepting changes and Orlistat.

AI am just shocked how much fat is in food I used to inhale!

Just try to be careful and try not exceed allowed fat grams per meal. I found my max is around 19g per meal and its going always with plenty of fibre. 

Also started probiotic capsules and I think they are helpful (really strong ones).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.