what to eat?? and not??

Posted , 5 users are following.

i dont know what foods to avoid or eat?  I get dianosed with this and then nothing!!! I am waiting  a appointment for a diatican but that has been 2 month already!!  Anyone got any info for me on good and bad foods??

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Susie

As a fellow suffer the only help I can give you is to read the stories on this Forum

I know it a major task but the list of food good or bad is endless

The people on this Forum are all at various

Stages of DD and know which food to take

or avoid and which medicines and herbal food to use

Some work for them and not others

K

• Posted

As a general rule avoid eating foods with skins, unless you can peel them, so no grapes but peeled apples are ok, jacket potatoes without the jackets. Also avoid seeds and pips as these (and skins) get trapped in the diverticulae, so tomatoes are out on both counts, also berries are out,and cake fruit in any quantity. Avoid nuts for the same reason as seeds. Treat spicy food with caution, but it's ok from time to time unless you are having a flare up.

I take fybogel once a day to keep up the good fibre. Some people use probiotic tablets daily, and I have resorted to them if my gut is a bit dodgy, but don't use them regularly so can't advise on that really.

If you lapse and begin to feel your gut reacting, a bit tender or poo troubles, then have a few days of 'safe' eating. You will get to know what works and what doesn't and how much of a risk you can take. You will get grief front time to time, but go safe and hopefully avert a full on flare up. If you think you have an infection contact your GP quickly. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.