What to eat with hyperthyroidism

Posted , 7 users are following.

My doctor is gone until August 15 th and never really went over what I could and could not eat. Any direction in this would be helpful! Also what about exercise? I'm use to walking and now I don't know if I should.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

What about non gmo foods? They have a bread and butter. The butter is called smart balance made with no diary products. The bread is called Great grains bakery a non gmo product
  • Posted

Don't eat anything processed. Bacon, ham etc have nitrites. No fizzy drinks, especially ones with aspartame. My constant is in favour of a gluten free diet too. Exercise is fine but keep It low key for a while. Yoga, Pilates and gentle walking are all ok. Be sure to get all your nutrients. I became iron deficient. A good quality multi vitamin will help with extra mAgnesium and D.

• Posted

I think yoga would be great. I just started and am feeling slightly better. And yes keep vitamins in check.
  • Posted

Thanks
    • Posted

When I was diagnosed with hypothroyid, I was put on calcium with vit D and Vit D capsules. I do work, and I do a little cardio on my treadmill for 10 mins.
    • Posted

I haven't tried that yet, but I am going to try it. I don't think it would hurt.

• Posted

What about glueten free granola
  • Posted

Gentle exercise is great. Walking the dog, a gentle swim, anything else made my heart Pound and I felt dreadful.
  • Posted

Eating healthy, non processed foods with exercise seems to work well for most people. If you have Graves Disease, only you can be the judge of how much exercise by how you are feeling.
  • Posted

Thanks. I started walking again a few nights ago and my hr isn't doing bad. It feels good to get out and walk again now that Inhave my strength back! Been in a fresh food diet nothing processed.

• Posted

Yes, I agree. After being ill, you appreciate good health even more. I love walking but don't tolerate heat like I used to but I know exercise is good for everyone when done intelligently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.