What to expect??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I recently visited my doctor and asked about Orlistat. He weighed me and said i qualified but had to make an appointment with the nurse. I guess as by the sounds of it it is a weight loss programme with weigh ins. I have this appointment on Monday and was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect. What i really want to know is will i get the pills that day after my frst meeting with the nurse cause i've been waiting 3 weeks for the appointment and dying to start!!!!! :? :roll:

Kaz x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaz,

I went to the dr......told him that my weight gains since giving up the smokes in Jan was doing my head in.

He took my weight, BP and gave me the script.

To have bloods taken next week...then the week after that to go back and see him for another script if bloods are ok.

Good Luck...

• Posted

I got mine the same day, so you should soon be up and running :lol: sorry for the pun

Good luck

• Posted

[quote:0b214bd774=\"Skye\"]Hi Kaz,

I went to the dr......told him that my weight gains since giving up the smokes in Jan was doing my head in.

He took my weight, BP and gave me the script.

To have bloods taken next week...then the week after that to go back and see him for another script if bloods are ok.

Good Luck...[/quote:0b214bd774]

Hey Skye,

Do u know why your GP ahs taken bloods? Just asking cos mine didn't, they're just checkin BP/weight once a month.

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Hiya,

Bloods to be taken to check LFT`s (liver function). This is due to Orlistat being a lipase inhibitor (fat blocker so to speak). It could affect the function of the liver.

• Posted

OH NO :!:

Better keep an eye on the booze then while i'm on the little blue boys :!: :cry: :lol:

But seriously, how bad is my GP for not doin bloods? I'm gonna speak to her about this :!:

Thanks Skye

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Hi Kal,

No Probs at all.

Yep, mention it to your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.