What to expect?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi..

I'm being referred from cpn to psychiatrist at the mo and I'm scared and don't know what to expect. I don't know if I have bipolar but I became 'high' after trying two different ADs. 200mg quetiapine is what I'm on now but I'm feeling like I want to cancel my appointments and stop taking my meds because what if there isn't anything wrong with me and I just need to learn to cope with life a bit better? :-( I have these horrendous lows but it's like I just have a complete meltdown every so often and then I seem to snap out of it at the drop of a hat. I feel like a bit of a fraud saying I might have bipolar because everybody I tell in the hope of support just looks at me like I'm making it up. Has anyone else felt like this. My symptoms are mild compared to others maybe I should just get a grip? :-(

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey calm down & stop worrying. .really there's nothing to worry about.. the phyciatrist will ask you what's been happening & be able to diagnose you.. phyciatrists are here to prescribe u the right meds for your condition. . Really you have nothing to worry about ??u may feel mot to bad at the moment bt that could be because your meds are working.. you need to go for your own peace of mind.. you were given a cpn for a reason..& dnt give phyciatrist appointment out for no reason they would of gone off your cpn report.. when do you have your app??

• Posted

I was diagnosed with Bi-polar 3 years ago do not worry about the Psychistrist they are fantastic take alot of notes about you and are really there to help you, put me on Quiepine 100mg cause they help me sleep and Lamotrigine 400mg so now I am stable but I was like you up and down very badly been in very dark places but please you will get there in the end
  • Posted

Take care honey. Getting a grip is just not a possibility. I'm thinking of you and really do care about you, for what it's worth x

• Posted

Thankyou all of you for taking the time to reply I guess last night I was feeling slightly anxious, I was still feeling nervous for no reason this morning. I'm starting to notice this is when my moods are shifting is this something common? So far no low mood and the anxiety seemed to fizzle out... Maybe the meds is helpful after all only time will tell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.