What to expect from burst cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, omg I can't actually believe it! This morning my cyst opened and has been draining since! It was diagnosed last year, was the size of a small egg, didn't hurt or cause and prob a so just forgot about it! A few weeks ago it started to get bigger and really uncomfortable and sore, I saw gp who said it didn't look infected but it was the size of a golf ball so she have me antibiotics just incase and refered me to a consultant to schedule a surgery date!

I finished the antibiotics yesterday, they didn't really do a lot, the pain I had was like nerve pain as if the giant lump was pushing on a nerve and causing really sharp pains, I've been doing hot baths for the last week as that helps the pain and this morning I noticed a small spot on the cyst, it was quite painful when I got up so I had 2 baths wants to get breakfast and suddenly felt as tho I had wet myself! Th the cyst had opened!

There is mostly blood coming from it now but when it first opened it was a light born colour, not smelly at all, I helped it along by squeezing and can feel a hard lump

Inside which if pressed more blood comes out of the opening of the cyst, does this sound normal? What should come out? And how long have yours draine pr ?

Also when they have opened like this have you always had a reach trance or could this have solved the problem??

I'm still shocked that it's draining!! After having it for so long I thoughts only hope was the op!

Thanks for your help!

Debbie

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about mistakes, posting from phone x
  • Posted

Hi deb

i had one years ago, walnut size, back then tne doctor said two very salty baths a day, shallow ones, warm as can be to dissolve the salt, ( normal tabke salt, i encouraged the salt wate into the area, and lightly massaged the cyst, mine too dispersed and never came back.

the very warm as you can stand it draws the fluid out. & the salt unclogs the blocked pore, the massage helps it unclog and empty.

so pleased for you, they are a nuisance, and i was lucky as never came back after thr salt bath method 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay thanks for your reply, did your cyst just get smaller and dissapeared or did the contents actually come out if the unblocked duct? Mine came out of the duct which was a huge surprise as it had been there for about a year at least!

And had yours stayed away? I'm worried about it returning! xx

• Posted

Hi All, 

Jay, that sounds awesome - I wish mine would do that. 

Should you be able to see the duct? The other day I thought I could see a tiny pin like dot and it seemed a little purple-y round about it , can't see it now so not sure if I imaged it.  

Thanks 

Amy

• Posted

Hello Amy 

not sure ..

its a blocked pore Amy .. B. cyst is a lubricating gland that gets blocked ..

Take care 

jay x

• Posted

Hi Amy, I can see the duct and it looks more like a slit than a pin hole, it quite far inside but my cyst was quite big so it kind of brought it round to the front a bit more x
  • Posted

Hi Debbie,  please tell did you have a cyst or an abscess
    • Posted

Hi, I had a cyst for at least a year, never bothered me, stayed soft and painless at about the size of a small egg but then suddenly got bigger and very hard so dr suspected an infection but there wasn't an abcess there. I definatly think hot compresses helped more that warm baths x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.