What to expect from mirtazapine withdrawals

Posted , 8 users are following.

Currently I am on 45 mg of mirtazapine but I am going cold turkey tonight. I just want to know what to expect from the withdrawals and how to deal with it.

Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT!!!!

45 mgs to stop abruptly is going to be horrible for you. Please read up on it if you dont believe me...,,,

You must decrease slowly..

• Posted

day 11 going cold turkey on mirtazapine 45 mg .. pain today is intense pain comes in waves .. limited intake of food and nausea vertigo and stomach cramps .. insomnia eased .. but there are nights it becomes irritable at 3 or 4 am and have to sit up but usually a nap follows the next day and makes it up to the lack of sleep ..

main concern for ibrahim is stomach issues but they were present while on mirtazapine as he had no appetite living on 1 small meal for 1.5 years

good luck will keep you updated .. i consulted with more than 3 docs and they said it will take up to a momth so even though it sucks but no going back for us we will try to find a way to help with withdrawal symptoms only

• Posted

bad idea, going cold turkey from Mirtazapine. There are loads of articles on the web about withdrawl from it.

Took me 6 months to come off 15mg and i still had issues ( mainly insomnia)

• Posted

i was on mirt for 3 m months and it did not help me in end. so i come down from 45 to 30 over week then to 15mg. then one night without and put me on lofropanine which i was on a month then actually agred to let me back on my dosulpin which i was taken off by private psychiatrist biggest mistake. dont come off it cold turkey. it only took me a few weeks u need to be able to replace it with something unless your over your anxiety depression. but do get gps help. best of luck

• Posted

Ive gone cold turkey for a week after coming down from 45 for a month, 30 for a month then 15 for a month, first week has been a bit up and down, slight headache, some blurred vision, pretty bad fatigue/weakness (like flu but without the cough/blocked nose etc), i've felt jittery on and off and had major dry mouth, also depersonalisation/irritability and flat feelings, its really sunny where i am but everything seems a shade duller than it would normally so i guess it effects the perception of light. I get off to sleep pretty well but wake early than i have been doing on Mirt.

ive been eating really well and exercising (walking and some weights) and trying to keep my mind busy to get me over it, i think this is helping keep the edge off somewhat, i have had the urge to go back on them a couple of times but i want to see if i can push through and get back to my old self. For me its bearable at the moment, i just hope no new withdrawal symtoms dont rear their head.

if you're going to come off CT then make sure you keep busy, eat well, stay hydrated and do some exercise.

• Edited

@Eoghan68115 ....bad mistake! It's been 2 days since you put this post out there. Have you already gone off cold turkey? How are you? If you haven't done it yet, PLEASE google search "Quitting Mirtazapine cold turkey".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.