What triggers a Fibromyalgia flare up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm very unsure whether I actually have Fibro as I was only vaguely diagnosed by a doctor about 5-years ago. no advice or treatments suggested though. If I have had flare-ups they've been mild. When I researched I noticed I do have a lot of the symptoms mentioned.

This year however, I've been unwell with chronic anxiety, IBS and a big weight loss, then I had surgery to remove my gallbladder 5 months ago and have battled to get over it what with digestive issues, diarrhoea, more anxiety and fatigue.

I now have pain in my lower legs, back, neck and arms. It seems to move around. And I feel very tired and a little like I'm coming down with flu. But the flu never appears.

Would this be a fibro flare up and would the surgery plus everything else have triggered it?

I take probiotics, omega 3, multivitamins, magnesium and digestive enzymes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention. I've been gluten free for a year and am also dairy free and eat a low fat diet

• Posted

Hi Becky

Sorry to hear you've been going through pains and symptoms that might be Fibro related. I have had Fibromyalgia for about 4 years and some of your symptoms suggests Fibro. Normally, Stress, weather and other health conditions can trigger it. Everyone's Fibro experiences can be different from each other although common symptoms are pains moving around different parts of body and Fatique too. However, check with Doctor about your Gluten Free diet as that can cause wait loss and Fatigue too. Cutting out gluten totally don't go down well with some individuals.

Try staying warm, reduce stress levels but keep active. It's hard getting up in the morning but just try to look forward to something exciting that you love to do.

With Fibromyalgia, every is different. Just take things and everyday as they come. CBD Oil 1000mg helps to take off the edge of pain and I sleep better.

• Posted

There are a lot of things that can cause flareups. for me it can be the weather ,lack of sleep,doing too much one day suffer rest of week for it there is no set thing just try not to over do things and pace yourself. I meditate every day and take my pills and definitely place myself it's a struggle every day with fibromyalgia I am in pain constantly and my pain can move around my body sometimes lasts a few days other times months but with me I also suffer chronic lower back pain and CFS and arthritis I have to pace myself. if I do ironing for example I may get to do 2-3 items and then take a break then back to it. I have had flareups when I'm stressed or upset. I'm on a lot of meds but I always try to relax when I can hot bath with magnesium salts in it read a book or meditate. I hope some of this info helps you.

• Posted

Thank you. All very good advice. and from what you both say it seems I probably do have fibro and it's triggered by stress and by overdoing things. As you say, pacing oneself is helpful. I gave myself a day off yesterday and I feel alot better today.

Thanks again for replying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.