what type do i have?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi well i am kelly and i am 25 fit and healthy i have suffered headaches all my life however in the past year they have been significantly worse, i had a migraine/headache non stop for 7 weeks then a 2 week break then for 12 weeks 4 days i am not kidding it was non stop no pain killers work i havae just had a 2 week break now they are back im on day 3 i have seen a neurologist in oct last year al iwas told was change diet and put in topirimate i have done everything asked my doc is stumped i have tried triptans, propananol and now im on epillem i also have oral morph for home usage. I have them non stop no breaks and nothing i do makes it any better and the pain is off the scale seriously can anyone relate to this or help in some way i feel really down and sometimes think its easier to be dead than deal with the pain

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there i think if you look up the side effects of the medication you are on the side effects are headaches you get lots of nasty side effects with some medication do you have neck problems bcos that can also cuase migraines hope this helps a bit sue
  • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply i am only taking epillem because other medications do no work and i only get a sore neck when my head is extremeley bad
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

Mighraine can be very frustrating and I have been dealing with them a lot of years now a few things have helped me:

Only drink plain water - aim for 8-10cups a day even get a filter never know whats in the water.

No red meat or gluten, keep sugar down to a minimum.

You could try an eliminination diet.

Also I found when I constantly had them that pain relief regularly only made them come more often. Could try to go without for while to get you out of the cycle, it is very hard but i have done it and it helped me alot.

Try excercise and a get into a routine of sleeping and waking at the same time.

You can also try supplements:

Magnesium, B2, multivitamin, omega 3 and feverfew i am taking at the moment.

You could try some aspirin and see if that helps, it does take the edge off for me sometimes.

It can take a lot of effort but we will beat them.

Try buying some books as more knowledge we have better we can help ourselves, i rely on myself as much as i can to get better.

At the moment i am struggling but i did go from permanent migraine to two a month so it can be done.

• Posted

I would recommend trying all the usual things such as staying hydrated, getting your eyes check, changing diet, avoiding alcohol and perhaps if you have any neck pain getting checked for cervicogenic causes of headache/migraine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.