What Type Of Anesthesia Did You Have For Surgery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just read the information for day before my surgery (which is scheduled tomorrow-finally!) It says I may be given sedation and i know they give you a block but the woman who called me today to tell me what time to come in sad they do not give you general anesthesia??

I am assuming you are not awake for the surgery and knocked out!?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had a nerve block and general anesthesia for my rotator cuff repair surgery. I cannot imagine they would do that procedure without it? The nerve block was done first while they did an ultrasound - it was no big deal, not painful at all and worked beautifully in eliminating any pain. Good luck tomorrow!

• Posted

thank you Lisa! I was hoping she is thinking they sedate you when putting the block in!

• Posted

Good luck Nancy.

• Posted

Thank you Grimm. They ended up doing bicep tendonesis, shoulder decompression, shaved some bone spurs and scraped some arthritis off my collar bone.

Block has not worn off yet so not sure on pain yet but expecting it.

Very glad this part is over.

Grimm hope you can get in soon and get some relief.

• Posted

Hi everyone in this thread,

I hope you're all doing well in your various routes to recovery.

I continue with exercises to mobilise my shoulder and biceps - the biceps is really painful.

On you tube, 'Bob and Brad' - physical therapists - are worth checking out for exercises and advice on sleeping positions - they are very knowledgeable and good-humoured- fun to watch their demonstrations of the exercises.

Nancy - what is the brand name of the CBD cream you found helpful ? Please could you send details, thank you. Hope you haven't too much pain following surgery.

Grimm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.