What type of counselling are people doing.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I would be interested in knowing of anyone is combining medication and counselling. I am seeing a hypnotherapist tomorrow really looking forward to.it

Has anyone else done the same.

Renee

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Renee

Yes I've had 2 sessions with a counsellor at my doctors and are having another 6 it's going ok so will see. Please let us know if the hypnotherapy works

• Posted

Yes I am looking forward to it. I did some work with a psychologist last year it was CBT therapy which I found helpful but I feel that there is more going on in my mind. But then sometimes I dont know if its the meds that are effecting my brain at the moment.

Day 8 what day are you at.

• Posted

Its like a count down, Sean I am glad you are doing well. I am now on day 9 counting. The anxiety only crap in the morning. Therapist today.

Renee

• Posted

I'm just about to go into week 4 of my meds and currently on waiting list for CBT counsulling. Really pleased with my progress, week one was horrid with shocking side effects. I took 2 weeks off work to get my head straight. Returned to work last week and decided to take a trip to london with the family at last minute to test my self. Felt fab. Id have never have done that without the meds. Hoping the counsulling helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.