What type of doctor is best for diagnosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've shown the rash on my lower legs to several differant doctors, non of which had any idea.

If I have HSP it must be a chronic thing because the rash has been there since 2013 at least and has only gotten worse.

?I have numerous bouts of intestinal distress where it feels like my intestines are going to blow up inside me. I've been to the ER many times because the pain is unbearable, but it will suddenly go away on it's own, usually just as I walk in the door to the hospital...lol and then I usually have numerous trips to the restroom because whatever was stuck in there can freely flow. I have quit trying to go for help and just bear the unsufferable pain at home until it clears up. It usually doesn't take more than an hour or two, but one time lasted the entire night. I literally feel like I'm about to explode.

?My GI doctor doesn't know what's causing this. I've had MRI's, CT scans and x-rays but of course it's never happening at the time the tests are run. The GI doesn't know about the rash on my legs. Do you think if I show him he'd be able to figure this out?

Does the rash always go away or do some people have it continually?

?Any information about what type of doctor to seek out would be greatly appreciated.



0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    You need to see a rheumatologist , its not just something they can just spot and say hsp, also you have to go to a bigger hospital, small hospitals dont have a clue what it is, I suffer from hsp and it bites,it attacks the kidneys bad, which I lost mine, and you get pupera all over from your butt down and sometimes on your arms and hands, it's very painful like bee stings at first, then the stomach pain is something fierce, hurts so bad, usually due toconsipation from all the meds, sometimes its vasculitis though which is still very painful, in and out of the hospital all the time, unbearable at times, ive had it strong for 2 years already, Remember go toa big hospital, like a uw hospital or a mayo clinic

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Roni,

    I think a dermatoligist/immunologist would be the one who could help you.I also have a sollution that helped me with my rash (bloodspots) on my legs.

    The dermatoligist gave my supportsocks up to my knees.(Often worn by older people) that in combination with sudocreme..i helped me a lot! The socks make sure that the presure is minimized and it releaves the veins in your legs,so that the spots can heal.That in combi with sudocreme that eases the skin,I'm spot free now.Good luck with your search for the best support.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up