What type of headache is this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a pain at the back of my head to the right and I get this pain on top and to the back of my right eye. I also have a bit of numbness on my head. I am currently on blood thinners and have to keep an eye on my symptoms so I would be grateful if someone could tell me the name of this type of headache. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Moon

One cause of the symptoms you are describing could be to do with your neck. I have cervical spondylosis and I get that type of headache.

Arthritic changes in the neck cause the nerves to spasm which affects the neck, top of the head usually to one side and behind the eye.

Osteoarthritis is wear and tear and can happen at any age, a lot of the time it is caused by forward head posture, looking down and texting for example.

A neck xray would show this if you have it. Just a possibility.

Lots of YouTube videos on the internet about it.....

• Posted

Well that’s interesting because I have bruxism which puts pressure on my neck and shoulder and they get quite achy, so maybe it is causing the headache too. I also got diagnosed with a vitamin d deficiency recently which affects bones. Maybe over the years I have damaged myself. I am taking multi vitamins and minerals and my my vitamin d is ok now though. Is there any treatment for it like physio or something?
    • Posted

Hi

I started having physio but I stopped going because I was feeling giddy after it. I think one of the exercises I was given to do was the wrong one for my complaint. (Found this out after looking on the web).

Chin tucks is one of the most popular exercises to do but if you try it, make sure you are doing it correctly. Look it up on YouTube.

There is one YouTube chiropractor doctor in particular that I look at a lot, I cannot name him because my message will be delayed. I can send you a private message if you want. He does lots of YouTube videos on neck and back issues and much much more. They might give you an insight of what your problems might be caused by. The videos have helped me a lot and of course they are free.

Let me know if you want me to give you his name.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.