What type of Scan would you recommend for Inguinal Hernia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear Community,

I was diagnosed with Inguinal Hernia, and I do not have much knowledge on this problem. Can someone help me out please?

1. What type of Scan would you recommend to examine the exact location and severity of the Fascia wall that's not normal (protruded out)? I think a scan would ensure that if "bilateral hernia surgery" is needed? An maybe there's more detailed way to examine "how weak" my Fascia wall is and "where precisely" the weak spots are located?

2. Do you have any recommended "exercise or diet" link to strengthening the Fascia wall?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Jean

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

got a double inguinal hernia had mine for year odd straining lifting if the wall is week will push down on the inguinal part or week wall part guess the same for women me mother had one never really asks if she had two not somthing really one wished to rabble away to her about lol , congenital type of thing dislexic so runs in family from what i have read if one side is week then the other side might be to waiting on a laproscopic operation there is no spell check so i am sure you understand how they fix them key hole surgery , cant think its all so much diffrent blokes are more likely to get it as of the inguinal tunnel not sealing properly when born that why it can be a bit hereditory of for the obvious reason, i cant see you should worry to much as long as you dont heavy lift or strain , like i say a good year i have been stuck with pain from mine keep having a read up as one does as waiting on a double inguinal hernia cooks me noodles a bit to as one cant see whats going on , i have just had a lumbar lamanectormy operation so i have got to wait a good two months to get over that operation now only a few weeks out of my back operation so i cant over do it anyway but if one side is week then odds on other side might be always worth asking ark lol me rabbiting on about inguinal hernias to a women at 00:15 funny:-) like i say they seem pretty confident my surgeon did think not sure but embarising enough having to cough with a nurse and the surgeon with getting a diagnosis for a bloke so one wont get into a womens diagnostics ,cant help inguinal hernia cropped up i cant see how they could check the thickness of the wall on a scan , no point in having one side done when you can have both done at the same time so its worth saying i will shut up as like i say months away and not read anymore as they all were not to worried ummm its ok for them not to be worried though 😃 one shall see if and what people say to you good luck anyway.

• Posted

blame it on you jean as i didnt even think about inguinal hernias but i went down a few and i dont think its the operation or how thick the wall is look at that one with 500 odd talking about the mesh causing more problems and pain now thats somthing that bothers me.

no need reply just thinking out loud.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.