What type of skin disease is this help ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

59 years old female, having red blackish marks on skin since last 6 month tablet was used for few days but it didnt controlled disease started from feet after wearing a pair of certain shoes which was considered to start the disease but it spreaded from feet upto thighs and few marks on belly and arms also what type of disease is this is it a skin problem help?

See the attached images please which shows skin condition. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you discussed this with your GP or a Dermatologist?

I have similar marks on my leg and my Dermatologist [whom I am seeing for a different skin problem] told me it was blood leaking from varicose veins.

If you haven't spoken to your GP, then perhaps you should if only to reassure yourself.

• Posted

Hello , Thanks for you kind reply friend, actually dermatologist checked it recently and he told that it is Lichin Planus , he gave three medicines for it including one topical gel
  • Posted

Fardeen,

Mrsmop is right. You better need to consult your dermatologist for proper information. Don’t delay too much.

Steven

• Posted

Hi , Thanks for you kind reply , dermatologist checked it recently and he told that it is Lichin Planus , he gave three medicines for it including one topical gel.
    • Posted

Fardeen,

Good to hear that. Does it itch? Put the gel on it always, maybe this could give you quick results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.