What was/is your blood count with hypothyroidism?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suspected hypothyroidism, put it down to stress until googling and finding hypothyroidism matched all my symptoms. My mother has it so thought best to get checked out. Waiting for my blood tests back, current only have my blood count back. I'm very nervous about results and have exams at the moment so stressed out and wanted to know what everyone elses blood count was like hypothyroidism in case it could give me a heads up about which way my blood tests could go. I keep crying and everything is getting me very down at the moment so trying to put my mind at ease!

Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Definitely get this checked out hypothyroidism runs in my family. Email me on this if you need any more information or details.
  • Posted

Take a deep breath and remember that if you do turn out to have hypothyroidism it is completely treatable.  Low iron in blood count may be a factor, and should be addressed by your doctor no matter how else the tests turn out.  Keep breathing and concentrate on your exams and getting enough rest and good food.  Good luck,
    • Posted

Thank you,  think I'm just more worried if I don't have it as something us wrong with me, I bruise like a peach and bruises don't go away for months, and have a low heart rate! Sometimes I covInce myself I'm just fine but I know I'm not some how,  I just don't know what to think really
  • Posted

Well, you need to tell all your symptoms to your doctor immediately leaving out nothing including your fears.  If that doctor won't listen, get one who will.  We all have to cope with something or other in life and it is doable.  In the meantime, use your spiritual resources and play cheerful, uplifiing music.
  • Posted

Hi, here in UK, officially the so called 'normal' range for the TSH test, is 5.5 - 0.5. If your TSH is over 5.5 then you are HYPOthyroid, if over the other end of the range, then you are HYPERthyroid. The TSH test does not test the amount of thyroxine in your blood, but Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, which is sent out of the pituitary gland to tell the thyroid gland to do it's stuff. Unfortunately this test is by no means foolproof, but most docs will not do further tests in the NHS. You can get private tests however.

When your test results come back, tell the doctor that you want to know the NUMBERS that your test has come back with, as you want to keep them for future reference, DO NOT let them fob you off with "they're fine/normal," or that you are not allowed to know. That is bull, you are allowed to know all that is in your medical notes by law.

May I suggest that you take someone with you that you trust and will speak up on your behalf if you need it on these issues. (Don't let what I've said about getting the results numbers/stonewalling worry you, most docs are fine about this, but some are idiots. Best to be forewarned and armed!)

May I also suggest that you put your results up on here as well, whatever they say, and we will help you from there. Don't tell doc this mind, it could make him/her defensive, and put their back up.

There is a very good Facebook page Hypothyroid UK which you can chat to other sufferers real time, and a very good website called Thyroid UK, which is a charity that works for thyroid sufferers, both which give marvellous support and information.

Let us know how you go! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.