What was that?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Holy God Almighty! I've had leg cramps at night once in a while in my calves before but last night was a new experience on an entirely new level! What the hell was that?! Two at once?! I had to get up from a dead sleep and start pacing! I paced for five years until I was no longer...scared! One each on the back of my legs on top. The big muscles knotted up like they were attaching my scalp to my heals dragging my brain along with it down my back. Maybe I ate too many bananas?!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Were you stood up a lot yesterday.

The way to relieve cramps is to stretch the muscle out. It hurts really badly when you do this - but then it goes away after you’ve stretch the muscle.

So for calf cramps you need to dorsiflex your foot slowly. It will hurt like hell, but I promise you it makes its better.

• Posted

Yeah. Actually I've been working as a flagger lately a lot for MOT. All I do for some ten hours straight is stand in one miserable place and control traffic.

I'll try immediately stretching it back out like you said and just muscle through the pain, so to speak. Anything that shortens the duration of that kind of pain will help. OMG. Thank you for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.