What was this, feel like I'm losing it

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've been sick with a stomach bug for the past two days and I had to take a day off work, so not only was I I'll I was anxious as well thinking that I was gonna get sacked. I woke up for work this morning, thinking I felt better but on my way to work this morning I started to feel drunk, like I was in a dream. I tried to just listen to my music but it just got worse, like I was just going to disappear. I wanted to cry but I couldn't because I was in public. Then I started to feel light headed and like I was going to lose control. I got on the bus bit it just made me feel worse. It felt like everyone was looking at me and judging me which made it worse. I stumbled coming off the bus like I was drunk and seriously considered turning round and going back when I got to work because all day I had painful muscle cramps and that weird inside shaky feeling and I was scared I was going to vomit. Can someone please tell me what this was/is, because I can still feel it now and it's scaring me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Sounds like you may have had a panic attack - some of the symptoms can be pretty weird. Were you dehydrated or could you have had low blood sugars? Either could have created strange sensations that sent you into panic and both are common after stomach bugs. If it happens again go and see your GP, if it is panic the quicker you get help the less chance there is of it getting out of control.
    • Posted

I've been to the doctors loads of times but they always seem to dismiss me as some silly girl. But I'll try again, thank you!
  • Posted

Hey, I would definately ring ring 101 or 111 (UK) and get some advice, lot of symptoms there that could be viral or other non 'mental' issues. Def get some medical advise as Joanne agrees above

David

• Posted

If you feel you might be having panic attacks or have health anxiety ask your GP about being referred for cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). In our trust you can refer yourself, don't need a GP referral; could be the same in your trust? Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.