What we did and it worked!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Years ago my grandkids developed this. We brought them to the doctor and because of their ages he was hesitent to burn them off with chemicals or whatever they used. I kept researching about it and found a story of a woman that had a small daughter with the same thing. She took her to swim in the ocean on vacation and at the end of the week noticed the 'spots' were gone. She attributed it to the salt water. I ran to the store and got a bag of Epsom salts and for one week the kids played in the tub daily. By the end of the week the spots were dried up and gone. I also want to note that the back of my granddaughter's leg was all discolored from pink to almost white. All of that has disappeared and her leg looks absolutely normal. You would never know the kids had this. I just hope this works for everyone out there - a very inexpensive answer and it works fairly quickly. 

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I did a shallow bath of coolish water (hot first to help the salt dissolve then cold water) she was in it max 30 mins each day, that's as long as I could keep her in before she loses interest lol. I've run out of salt but am hesitant to buy another load as 5kg was £10 and lasted just over a week ?? I'm definitely interested to see how others get on so please do keep us updated x

• Posted

I don't know what the conversion is - our Epsom Salts are relatively inexpensive. I went through several bags of it but we were treating 3 children.

• Posted

Think asda do same size bag for £5? I'll double check Monday when I buy more

• Posted

It's about £5 a bag and it seems we could be using more than a bag a week at this rate, but if it works..... I'm on sour coast near Brighton? U.K.

I've also read that thuja Occidentals are meant to help?

• Posted

hi i have mc around my private part near my testical, do u think i can use this process? But i' m not sure if the salt will hurt my penis lol

• Posted

I have started this two days ago. My daughter 2.5 years old started with this at least what we noticed about 2-3 weeks ago and she now has it everywhere including her hands and face worsening tonight. I didn't realize it has to be cooler water as I was keeping at 97-99 degrees so I will lower it and I was trying 15/20 min only worrying about her splashing it but now that it's really everywhere on her face...ill just let her do whatever for however long I can keep her in 2 x/day. Our pedi suggested Molluscum treatment to purchase online but it appears to be leaving a film that's not coming off him her skin. It's horrible and I know this is superficial but I don't want her to have these things all over her body forever (meaning more than a few weeks tops). I am having a very hard time with this for that reason and concern for her giving it to my younger son. I am really hoping and praying that the Epsom salt baths do it because I can't picture dealing with this for a year and not being able to do our out of the house activities and playgroups sad fingers crossed that this works so early on in the infection process!

• Posted

It is very contagious so if you can keep the kids apart as much as you can. Our grandkids spread it to each other like crazy. Our pedi never told us about a Molluscum treatment other than burning them off chemically. That was not an option because the kids were so young and we did not feel it was something we wanted to put the kids through. I tried to make the bathwater as 'ocean-like saltwater' as possible as that was what I read helped a child lose their spots - ocean saltwater. At the time we were no where near the ocean so I decided to make my own with epsom salts. I dumped a lot in at a time - I didn't measure. But it worked. It dried them up fairly quickly. 

• Posted

I just started the Epsom salt tonight as my 7 year old has them on her torso and arm. I'm praying this works because it's summer and it's hot and she can't wear tank tops because they're visible. I totally know how you feel. I've spent hundreds of dollars on conzerol which seems to help a Little but it's expensive and stains her skin and clothes. You posted 5 months ago, do you have an update?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.