What Were Your Early Signs?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not 100% sure it's Mono yet (need to visit a doc/trouble getting an appointment) but I'm curious to know what you all had as the earliest signs of Mono/GF?

I seem to have all the tell-tale signs of the virus, and I've had something similar in the past where I thought I was dying. But I'm wondering if any of you had any of these symptoms before you knew you were ill?

Runny nose - this seems to be the first symptom I had.

Bad ears - one of mine has been thick of wax

Difficulty clearing your throat - I had this and I managed to get rid of it, but now it's dry and my lips are too.

I've got all the classic symptoms at the moment too, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with food regurgitating as soon as it's eaten and increase flatulence? That seems to be another symptom my body has decided to throw my way.

Any guys experience reduced libido too?

Just speculating and asking questions to see what's what. Appreciate your input! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey there I Hope,

Really hope you are able to get an appointment with the doctor soon, usually they can tell with a simple blood test if mono is the cause - definitely worth getting that done sooner than later. Mono can cause all sorts of symptoms, it seems to be so individual to the person how it affects them. For me, in the early stages I had what just felt like a bad flu type thing with all the usual symptoms, that settled down but I still felt kind of stunted, as if I really wasn't myself, hard to describe, and has low grade fever and sore lymph nodes in my neck and a bit of extra sweating too I think.

Hoping that you can get some help from the doctor and just remember if it is mono to get plenty of rest, take some good vitamins and herbs and remember that you will get better from it.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply Craig!

I did manage to get an appointment at the walk-in clinic, and she seems to think I've got a bad case of the flu.

I'd be willing to accept that diagnosis if I wasn't still getting night sweats/sweating in general, rapid heartbeat and a dry throat every day, for almost 10 days so far. :-( 

Need to get a second opinion I think, will contact my family doctor today to see if I can get a more thorough examination.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.